Just curious about native"Gsync"

I3ordo

Hi all,

i am at the edge of buying a "Aw2521H", a tiny FHD IPS which costs me 700$ with tax in my country, which has a native gsync module.. Is native gsync really worth it?

about my  situation.

I have a 980ti that i received  as a gift sometime ago and that is the reason why i can not go for a "G-sync Compatible". Dont want to upgrade the GPU as it is not the right time thanks tı shortages and absurd pricings.

I dont care about low input lag,  i am just chasing the proper pacing that i usually get at "30 fps ps4 games". I am wondering if i will be able to have it in 60fps range on PC. Currently, most games are fluent until they are not.. THe pacing goes off here and there and thats distracting...

so let me refresh; Is native gsync really worth it?

and add. at what time of year, brands introduce new models? As Aw2521H seems to be the only possible model for me and even that monitor does not look as good as the HFL models that lack a native gsync at 700$.

Eh..  that's a lot of eye of the beholder.      I will tell you that the gsync compatible  freesync monitors can be iffy (ended up going 6800XT in place of 3080 on gpu upgrade becase my monitors didn't play nice with gsync on my 1070 worked fine as long as i did take focus off game but if i swapped to discord or something the monitor whould black out for a sec.    I have  friends they work fine on..   so   YMMV..     I personally think the hardware gysyc is overpriced as hell.

On 7/28/2021 at 2:13 AM, True said:

the hardware gysyc is overpriced as hell.

there is no argument there, but i really have not heard anything positive from the g-compatible display users, maybe the juice lies within the native ones? The "native gsync" s seem to be fit for lower fps ranges like 30-60fps and is  where the synronized frames matter the most.