870 EVO high average response time / what is a normal response time for it

Hello, when my ssd is under load, it spikes up to 1000 ms response time, normal?

When im using it normal, its from 0 to 5ms, but a bit higher load sometimes causes above mentioned.

And i have one more question thats bothering me, i needed to format my USB stick using cmd (from RAW to NTFS or FAT32 not sure) and it was doing fine, until i forgot i was formatting it and put my laptop to sleep, when it woke up, the USB was doing nothing (cmd was formatting it), and something was written to the ssd about 6MBps constantly until the USB? formatting finished. I had to foramt my usb again because the first time it didnt do anything.

And the response time could be even higher if my CPU supported more than 40k iops? Right?

I can record a video if you need it.

Really depends on the load, but that doesn't seem crazy for heavy load.

Check resource monitor to see what is being written to the usb.

What cpu do you have? Its probably gonna be hard to get more than 40k iops on a desktop, but really depends on the programs used.

17 hours ago, Electronics Wizardy said:

Really depends on the load, but that doesn't seem crazy for heavy load.

Check resource monitor to see what is being written to the usb.

What cpu do you have? Its probably gonna be hard to get more than 40k iops on a desktop, but really depends on the programs used.

The USB is not a problem, i dont really care about its healt, but its my ssd which i care about and which has those high response times, its like casual use, gaming, installing some programs.

My CPU is i7-2630QM (45W tipical but using throttlestop it was set to 56W when the ssd was benchmarked using samsung magician)

So i assume if my CPU was stronger and could handle more than 40k iops the SSDs response time would be even higher because more could be written and read from it.

Temps were never above 47C on the ssd, CPU was not throttling.

As i said, i can record what i am doing and the average response time if you need it, im jsut worried about it.