Broken SATA port

While doing work on an old motherboard, I've accedentally knocked off the SATA 1 port and broke a pin off. Is it possible to replace this port with one from a SATA 2 board? Pics for reference.SATA Extension Cable (1 Meter)SATA1, no outside plastic

Sata connector. Micro circuit motherboard. Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan - June 27,  2019 Stock Photo - AlamySATA 2 and up

It should be possible in my view, same 7 pins and it should be more sturdier too.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

I don't believe there is any difference in the physical connector between SATA generations. 

However, I have had a look through a couple of electronic component suppliers around me and you can purchase new SATA receptacles for motherboards for less than £1 each. 

From what I've seen the Molex manufactured receptacles have a support 'ear' on one side, and the 3M manufactured ones have a support 'ear' on both sides, neither of my suppliers stock them in the form shown in the 2nd image. 

Molex Part 

image.png.712d10900e9f3a22c0c3a7db62e5e47b.png

3M Part 

image.png.f75974dd0163d07b49024de3c7e336b2.png

The other difference between these two of course being that one is surface mount and the other is through hole. From looking at some of the products available, the pin layout for the PCB may not be the same. 

Do you have any photos of the board that this has come off of?