AMD RX 580 8GB OC

Rickskeee

Hey guys,

I'm new here, but not new to PC-building. I've built my first PC almost 2 years ago and other PC's for friends on the way.

But I do have a problem on my own PC, I've been waiting to buy a new RTX until the prices drop here in Belgium (they're pretty expensive, but prices are slowly dropping).

My build is made of these specs:

i5-9500

AMD Radeon RX 580 8GB OC

16GB DDR4-2666

Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250GB (Windows)

Samsung 860 Evo 1TB

1TB HDD

700w power supply (bronze)

AIO CPU cooler

Previously I had 2 monitors (1920x1080p 60hz), but I upgraded to 2x 1920x1080 144Hz.

At first there was no problem, but suddenly I got black screens and a crashing driver (the Radeon Software said this).

The notification I got was: system has detected a link failure and cannot set the requested resolution (or something like this).

So what I do when this happens is reconnect the screens one by one and afterwards it works.

If I start up a game it also causes the driver to crash. So I can't play games anymore without problems.

Because in-game I also have blackscreens.

I already tried to:
- DDU and reinstall the drivers

- Update drivers

- Go back to the factory driver

- Deleted old screens from Device Manager

Could it be that de GPU doesn't support 2x 1920x1080 144Hz?

I tried once and it was also faulty. I saw on AMD forums it should be the driver but I'm thinking about something else because it worked before, until I replaced the monitors.

The only thing I didn't change are the DP-cables because they came with the monitors.