Is it safe if my i5 8265u run full load at about 30w for a long time?

@im_thehy A 15W CPU does not know if it is a 15W CPU or a 30W CPU. The TDP rating is so manufacturers can engineer appropriate heatsinks and fans. As long as your CPU is not overheating, it should be OK.

Look in the Options window to see if PROCHOT Offset is locked. If this is not locked, I would lower the Offset value so your CPU can run hotter before thermal throttling begins.  Intel default for this offset is 0, not 10.

12 hours ago, unclewebb said:

@im_thehy A 15W CPU does not know if it is a 15W CPU or a 30W CPU. The TDP rating is so manufacturers can engineer appropriate heatsinks and fans. As long as your CPU is not overheating, it should be OK.

Look in the Options window to see if PROCHOT Offset is locked. If this is not locked, I would lower the Offset value so your CPU can run hotter before thermal throttling begins.  Intel default for this offset is 0, not 10.

thanks for your help, but i want to know that will it affect my Vrm much

7 hours ago, im_thehy said:

will it affect my Vrm much

If the VRMs are running too hot or if they go over their designed current limit, they are supposed to automatically send a throttling signal to the CPU to prevent this from happening. Intel turbo boost will get disabled immediately to reduce power consumption to protect the VRMs.

I think your VRMs will be OK but no one in any forum is going to be able to guarantee how long your VRMs will last. Many 8th Gen U CPUs can peak at 40W to 45W so most VRMs should be able to handle 30W long term. Search the forums. VRM failures are rare.

If you are worried that your computer might get damaged, play it safe and run it at 15W.