iCue giving strange message when trying to open.. (google didnt help...)

ThatGuyMcd64

Hey Guys!

Trying to launch iCue in administrator mode and getting this message. I feel like something might not be quite right... is it iCue or is it just Windows 11 being weird? The options dont seem to be displaying correctly. 

FYI, it doesnt launch the app even if i click either option. 
Anyone got any ideas? 

Thanks guys!

not normal..PNG

Looks like it's just Windows 11 being Windows 11. It's in Beta, so issues like this would be expected. I'd send that screenshot to Microsoft's bug reporting service for the insider build (I forget where it's located, but you should be able to find it relatively easy) and deal with not changing your keyboard color for the next couple of days. 

1 hour ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Looks like it's just Windows 11 being Windows 11. It's in Beta, so issues like this would be expected. I'd send that screenshot to Microsoft's bug reporting service for the insider build (I forget where it's located, but you should be able to find it relatively easy) and deal with not changing your keyboard color for the next couple of days. 

Yeah looks like a W11 bug to me too. Its happened opening other applications too. However said apps still open. iCue just be broken again 🙃

1 minute ago, ThatGuyMcd64 said:

Yeah looks like a W11 bug to me too. Its happened opening other applications too. However said apps still open. iCue just be broken again 🙃

It might also be that W11, while being mostly identical under the hood, changes just enough to break iCue, the same way that a couple apps broke going from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 (it's not many, but I believe there were a handful). Maybe try launching it in compatibility mode, or if you need everything to work, go back to Windows 10.