Should i mine bitcoin using nicehash?

3 minutes ago, Leaded_gasoline said:

So i need to mine with GPU but how can i look to the temps?

Regardless of GPU or CPU mining, what you need to do is the math of whether it's profitable for you to mine or not and if you are ok with those earnings. For temperatures you can use the usual monitoring software out there like Afterburner, HWiNFO etc. If you're not going to mine all day, there is a good chance you'll be mining at a loss. Especially if coffee breaks mean like two or three 10 minute breaks per day that's just wasted effort and you'll be better off straight up buying the crypto.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

3 hours ago, tikker said:

Regardless of GPU or CPU mining, what you need to do is the math of whether it's profitable for you to mine or not and if you are ok with those earnings. For temperatures you can use the usual monitoring software out there like Afterburner, HWiNFO etc. If you're not going to mine all day, there is a good chance you'll be mining at a loss. Especially if coffee breaks mean like two or three 10 minute breaks per day that's just wasted effort and you'll be better off straight up buying the crypto.

Yes my coffee breaks take 15 minutes where did you know. And i will not mine bitcoins then.

I5 9400F RX580 16GB RAM

• 3 weeks later...

Nicehash auto exchange to BTC only , I prefer direct mining

I do not know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everyone

I wouldn't mine with your CPU it's just like throwing your hardware down the drain. It puts more strain on the CPU than is even worth it. Also mining with your GPU and CPU requires you to replace the thermal paste more often.

You can view temps by downloading software to monitor your temps and display them on your screen for you. The software I use is OpenHardwareMonitor. You can monitor more than just temps BTW.

7 hours ago, EternalSlushy said:

I wouldn't mine with your CPU it's just like throwing your hardware down the drain. It puts more strain on the CPU than is even worth it. Also mining with your GPU and CPU requires you to replace the thermal paste more often.

Oh no, now I have to change paste once every 5 years instead of every 10. I've only recently put a fresh coat of thermal paste on my stuff in over 5 years, only because I was cleaning my loop and though might as well switch to a better brand. The paste was as good as ever when I pulled off the blocks.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

10 minutes ago, tikker said:

Oh no, now I have to change paste once every 5 years instead of every 10. I've only recently put a fresh coat of thermal paste on my stuff in over 5 years, only because I was cleaning my loop and though might as well switch to a better brand. The paste was as good as ever when I pulled off the blocks.

More like every couple months

1 hour ago, EternalSlushy said:

More like every couple months

Not really. I've been mining on my card for a many months now, no degradation in paste. Before mining it has gone through many many many heating and cooling cycles over years from gaming and it was still not significantly affected when I took off the block and looked at it.

11 hours ago, tikker said:

Not really. I've been mining on my card for a many months now, no degradation in paste. Before mining it has gone through many many many heating and cooling cycles over years from gaming and it was still not significantly affected when I took off the block and looked at it.

From what I know you don't really have to replace thermal paste on a newer card even if you've been mining for the first couple years. If the cards are a little older I would say replace thermal paste every time & pads if you can every 6 months minimum. It's not difficult so why not?

The rule of thumb is don't replace anything unless it starts to read hot I guess