Does installing the insider program windows 11 wipe out your drives

Flyingchickennugget27

Hello, I want to install the windows 11 insider program on my pc, but i'm scared it would wipe out all my data on my drives, could anyone whos installed the windows 11 from the insider programme please clarify it if it does wipe out everything, any help is appreciated:)

If you do it via the upgrade available in the Dev channel, no, it will do an inplace upgrade which keeps your files. 

That said, I wouldn't advise installing Windows 11 on a PC with anything you care about on it. It's a dev preview release that's not finished and not ready for use in production. Driver support isn't there yet, some things may not work and things can change without much notice. 

Just now, Oshino Shinobu said:

If you do it via the upgrade available in the Dev channel, no, it will do an inplace upgrade which keeps your files. 

That said, I wouldn't advise installing Windows 11 on a PC with anything you care about on it. It's a dev preview release that's not finished and not ready for use in production. 

Okay thanks for the help, have a good day...or night:)

In theory no, but considering it's an experimental preview you should work under the assumption that it can and will destroy all your data.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*