Lenovo X1 Carbon Fingerprint issues

Hello Guys,

i got the old Laptop of my dad a few days ago. It´s a 5th gen Lenovo X1 Carbon (Prod. Nr.: 20HR002MGE if thats usefull).

The device has a Synaptics WBDI - SGX Fingerprint reader that used to work just fine until i got it. The Laptop had a freshly installed Windows 10 pro and no I´m unable to set up my Fingerprint.

What happens:

I go to the settings menu to windows hello fingerprint. I type in my pin and get to the set up process. The LED above the sensor lights up in green. As soon as i touch it, it blinks yellow 3 times and then goes black. A few seconds after, the set up fails and Windows wants me to start it again, obviously with the same issue over and over.

What have i done so far:

I tried opening the device and reseating the cable

I did an in Place Upgrade with the newest Win10 Version, keeping my files so it would just clean up the registery and the windows files. 

I reset the fingerprint data in the BIOS

I ran Lenovos Update Programm, which updated the BIOS to the newest version

I uninstalled the Driver from device manager and installed the newest one from Lenovos website (5.2.3540.26)

I searched the Group Policies and set biometric authentification on for all users

I enabled SGX in the Bios permanently

I basically searched through all of google and tried everything that fixed the problem on other devices. I´m just really frustrated and want to get the Sensor to work.

If you have some opinions of what I can try to get it to run, i would be very gratefull.

With kind regards,

Florian