SOLVED - Screen goes blank and GPU fans spin up on startup.

Poolboy

As the title says, when I start my computer up from either sleep or complete shutdown, the screens stop receiving input from the GPU and the GPU's fans go into turbo-mode. I then have to hold the power button down and try starting it up again. It usually works after this, but sometimes I have to start it up a third time. Once it goes about a minute without the issue happening, the computer runs as normal.

I have found solutions to variations of this issue, but nothing for the specific issue that is affecting me. For reference, my system has an Nvidia RTX 2070 Super, Intel i5 10600k, and a Gigabyte Z490 Gaming X AX motherboard. I have two monitors, one running at 120hz and one running at 60hz. What I have tried so far:

1. Re-seating the GPU
  2. Updating the GPU's drivers
  3. Checking Window's update
  4. Dusting the GPU

None of these have solved this issue.

What I am pretty sure it is not:

1. Heat. This issue does not happen while I am playing games or running Folding at Home.
  2. Power. The card is not drawing more than it should, and my 800w psu is overkill for my system.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sounds like the bios is applying a setting that won't work and has to reboot.
Clear the CMOS and try again.

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler

22 hours ago, HelpfulTechWizard said:

Sounds like the bios is applying a setting that won't work and has to reboot.
Clear the CMOS and try again.

This seems to have fixed the issue! No idea how the BIOS got messed up, though, as I never mess with it.

Just now, Poolboy said:

This seems to have fixed the issue! No idea how the BIOS got messed up, though, as I never mess with it.

Did you turn on xmp? It probably was that, the xmp profile wouldn't set, but it was saved so it was smart and turned off xmp to boot

I could use some help with this!

please, pm me if you would like to contribute to my gpu bios database (includes overclocking bios, stock bios, and upgrades to gpus via modding)

Bios database

My beautiful, but not that powerful, main PC:

prior build:

Spoiler