On the hunt for Full Size Steel Case with old fashioned 5.25 bays (I know, I know - I'm Grandpa on this forum)

Meduszala

Budget flexible 

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for:  PLEX various games, Total War series etc 

Other details Hi, I am looking to build a new system that will

house a AMD 5900X, ASUS Rog Strix x570 E Gaming motherboard,

either a 6900 Radeon or NVidia RTX 3080 (when I can get one) 

The main Question is does anyone have a good suggestion for a full size steel case that also accommodate 5.25 optical bay drives since I also use PLEX

and don't have the budget for an extra NAS device. It appears my short list of the Corsair 750D has been discontinued since I contacted them and the 

Be Quiet full tower rev 2 has mix reviews for air cooling. I know they are hard to come by now but I am old fashioned and still would like to keep my optical drives

for PLEX and other reasons.

Or if anyone has had any luck buying a case and then getting a different front panel manufacturer that would accommodate 5,25 optical drives.

If you can find it, Fractal Design Define XL R2..Full sized, 4 5.25" bays, will hold anything you could throw in it.

Cases are quite a personal thing a lot of the time, I'd suggest using PC part picker and filtering by cases that have x number of 5.25 optical bay drives. I left a link below setup to filter by cases that have at least one, feel free to adjust it as necessary and if you find one you like link it here and people can give their opinions on it. 

Choose A Case - PCPartPicker

Just now, 8-Bit Ninja said:

Cases are quite a personal thing a lot of the time, I'd suggest using PC part picker and filtering by cases that have x number of 5.25 optical bay drives. I left a link below setup to filter by cases that have at least one, feel free to adjust it as necessary and if you find one you like link it here and people can give their opinions on it. 

Choose A Case - PCPartPicker

Just a side note, pay attention to the prices, if it seems abnormally high its usually because its been discontinued and you'll struggle to find it at original pricing. 

https://www.pccasegear.com/products/6742/coolermaster-cosmos-s
The Year 2008, Can take dual 360mm radiators.
I removed all the bottom front accessories and added a 3 fan RGB combo setup + control box for front intakes.

2.jpg

I also don't mind the CM Storm Scout series but it's MidTower.
https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/legacy-products/cases/scout/

https://www.coolermaster.com/catalog/legacy-products/cases/scout-2/

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz