Why am I getting studdering?

Hey everyone, so here’s somthing weird that started about 2 weeks ago. I have a Ryzen 5 3600, and an rx 580 8G OC. They used to preform fine playing VR, and games like Fortnite and Minecraft. But all of a sudden that completely changed. In Fortnite and Minecraft, there’s tons of frame drops and studdering. When I’m landing in Fortnite, it like lags and brings me back a few feet higher up in the air. And for Minecraft, I get below 60Fps, if I put my render distance above 12. But the weird part is, in the beginning, vr had the same major glitches, but now, VR works perfectly fine with 90FPS, but a second later in Minecraft, the FPS is just bad. If anyone knows what the reason for this is, that would be great.

Stuttering is spelled with Ts not Ds.  Sorry it was bugging me.  I had to say something. It’s like talking to someone with spinach in their teeth. Anyway, stuttering can have a whole bunch of different causes.  One question that might be handy is what happened two weeks ago to your machine?  Did you add something? Remove something? Update something? Change a setting?  Something had to have changed.

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

7 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

Stuttering is spelled with Ts not Ds.  Sorry it was bugging me.  I had to say something. It’s like talking to someone with spinach in their teeth. Anyway, stuttering can have a whole bunch of different causes.  One question that might be handy is what happened two weeks ago to your machine?  Did you add something? Remove something? Update something? Change a setting?  Something had to have changed.

I know, I’ve been trying to find out what I did that caused this. But all I remember is playing vr and getting frame drops. Since then, I’ve reset my pc and done a lot of troubleshooting like reinstalling the graphics drivers, new power plan (which did improve it) installing windows on a different drive, and upgrading my power supply (Which seemed to be acting up by turning my pc on and off before I upgraded it)