Does mouse specifications matter with a mediocre monitor?

Hello LTT forum!

I'm considoring a Lightspeed mouse for the future, but right now I hit some sort of question. My current mouse (some wireless generic gaming style mouse for around 7 dollars) is very low end, but I don't feel a noticable delay at all, in fact, it works flawlessly for me. Though it should be noted that I have a very bad response time myself and my monitor isn't the greatest (the IPS and resolution was more important than the refresh rate and response time for me).

it should also be noted that the only games I play is (mostly) Minecraft, Roblox and Among Us. Put that into your considoration.

But then I was thinking, if the mouse has a much higher refresh rate than my 60Hz monitor (overclocked to 72Hz but doesn't really matter in this question), would I be able to notice the difference between a office mouse and a Lightspeed mouse? This also brought up another question, how does low response time / high refresh rate mice help people (of course not in gaming, because we all know more latency is BAD) if the monitor has mediocure specs?

You are probably pretty confused so the TL:DR is: Does mouse specifications matter if it's paired with a monitor with normal refresh rate and mediocure responce times? Is Lightspeed worth it with those monitors?

Will be going to bed after posting this so cya tomorrow

Most latency in a computer is cumulative so if you lessen one portion of the latency then obviously the latency between you clicking to seeing things change on screen will diminish. Now the question becomes does that matter? Honestly with the games you play it likely won't matter and you won't tell much of a difference if at all. 

Also if you have a really crappy monitor with bad latency then even if you lessen the latency of the mouse it still won't do anything to help with the monitor latency. It would be like if you have a group project and you work on one part then hand it off to the second person to do their part and finish the project. I this case you would be the mouse and the second person would be the monitor. Sure if you get faster the project gets done faster but if the second person is super slow it might not make much of a difference even if you get incredibly fast. That said have two slow people would still be much worse than one fast person and a slow person.