Is my cpu overclocked?

I have a i5 9600k and notice that sometimes in task manager my cpu speed goes over the 3.7ghz mark sometimes 4+ does that mean its overclocked? I installed it to my pc without doing any changes to it from the box so does that mean it was like that by default? If it is overclocked how would I be able to change that I have heard that its not healthy for the long term thank you 馃檪

5 minutes ago, Dankrio said:

I have a i5 9600k and notice that sometimes in task manager my cpu speed goes over the 3.7ghz mark sometimes 4+ does that mean its overclocked? I installed it to my pc without doing any changes to it from the box so does that mean it was like that by default? If it is overclocked how would I be able to change that I have heard that its not healthy for the long term thank you 馃檪

I also have this image if this helpsimage0.thumb.jpg.fc6ae4edb4f059566398ff91a7b9a675.jpg

1 minute ago, Dankrio said:

I also have this image if this helpsimage0.thumb.jpg.fc6ae4edb4f059566398ff91a7b9a675.jpg

your cpu is clocked at 3.7ghz and its boost is 4.6ghz

image.png.ea9b42fa5e7dc0c012463e16f338be55.png

Main Pc: CPU:聽ryzen 5 5600x聽Motherboard:聽Msi b450 gaming plus max聽RAM:聽32gb corsair vengeance ddr4 3200mhz ram聽聽GPU:聽Nvidia rtx 2070 SUPER 8gb聽Case:聽聽cooler master td500聽PSU:聽corsair 750watt bronze80+Cooling:聽Kraken x53 aio Storage:聽wdblack snd750,3tb wd blue hdd

2nd Pc: CPU:ryzen 5 3600 Motherboard:聽Gigabyte AB350M-Gaming 3聽RAM: 16gb 3000mhz gskill Aegis聽聽GPU: Nvidia gtx 1650super 4gb聽Case:聽Cooler Master MasterBox MB311L ARGB AirflowPSU: corsair cx 550watt 80+ bronze聽Cooling: Vetroo V5 CPU Air CoolerStorage: adata su635 240gb ssd, seagate 750gb 7200rpm hdd

3rd pc聽CPU: i7 2600聽Motherboard: asus H61M-E聽RAM: 16 gb ddr3 1333mhz聽GPU: nvidia gtx 1060 3gb聽Case: thermaltake versa h18聽PSU: evga 450watt 80+聽bronze聽Cooling:聽Cooler Master I70C (Copper Core) Mini CPU CoolerStorage: crucial mx 500 500gb ssd, wd blue 1tb 7200rpm hdd

聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽聽

You cpu is using Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 and is speeding up under load to preform better for a short period of time before falling back a little depending on you cooling. It is perfectly normal and is good to help speed up short tasks like opening a new tab.

15 minutes ago, Dankrio said:

Pretty stupid to buy a k cpu without even tuning it like bruh atleast undervolt if you arent gonna oc .-.

3 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Pretty stupid to buy a k cpu without even tuning it like bruh atleast undervolt if you arent gonna oc .-.

so I should tune something? Would undervolting give me any benefit? thx

4 hours ago, Dankrio said:

so I should tune something? Would undervolting give me any benefit? thx

Undervolt will give lower temps and better power efficiency

But ocing will give better performance

Seems like a common oc for these cpus are 4.8-4.9ghz all core w 1.3v

Though if you are happy with its current performance then just undervolt it or leave it alone and enjoy the extra resale value once you sell your pc cause its a k cpu