AMD Ryzen 9 3900X overheating over time

Hello! I bought this processor back in mid-2020 in box configuration and changed cooling system to liquid(MSI MAG CoreLiquid 240R). Although it can dissipate 240W of power, and this processor can generate 105W in stock, under high load it could jump up to 90 degrees celsius, I don't know if it is good or bad. So nearly 3 month ago I started noticing that temperatures of my processor are rising out of nowhere. In the beginning, idle temperature was 40-45 degrees, and then in could be 60-65. Under high load it jumped up to 95. But it was getting worse and worse, and last time before changing thermal paste it was 85 degrees in idle on stock 3.8GHz. I have changed thermal paste, and moreover, I moved radiator little lower because I thought pump will have less load and it will be easier to circulate liquid. It helped, idle temperatures dropped to 45 degrees and I was happy, but today I watched on temperatures again and I had 85 degrees in idle with 3.5GHz. I lowered frequency to 2GHz and it is still on emormous 75 degrees IN IDLE. So I wander what it is: is it pump failure, or maybe it could be CPU sensors failure. Also I think it is nessesary to mention that heat pipes are warm, but not hot, just like the cooler attached to CPU. Even near cpu it is just warm, so I can't confidently say that it is just pump failure.

Thermal paste I am using: Arctic MX-4

PC specs:

MB: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200MHz CL16 8GBx4

GPU: GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce RTX 3080 XTREME 10G

Power Supply: be quiet! STRAIGHT POWER 11 Platinum 1200W

1xHDD 1xSSD(SATA) 2xSSD(NVME)
The case is well ventilated. 2xIN (CPU Cooler) 3xOUT.

Room temperature is nearly 20 degrees.

Please tell me what could be happened and what can I do with this problem. I would be grateful for any feedback. Thank you!

Sounds like the AIO degrading, happens but usually not this fast. I have no idea how quality the MSI units are though. 

For the temps, what are they under load? Zen 2/3 chips just have high idle temps, it's how they run. Load temps are what matter, if they go out of AMD spec (or you're manually OCing and they get to the 90s or so) then it's a worry, otherwise you're fine. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

3 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

Sounds like the AIO degrading, happens but usually not this fast. I have no idea how quality the MSI units are though. 

For the temps, what are they under load? Zen 2/3 chips just have high idle temps, it's how they run. Load temps are what matter, if they go out of AMD spec (or you're manually OCing and they get to the 90s or so) then it's a worry, otherwise you're fine. 

Thanks for feedback.

Now under load my cpu temp increases to 95 immediately, then, after ~1 minute pc shuts down very quickly and bios says that I have cpu overheating problem

1 hour ago, KyberGnida said:

Thanks for feedback.

Now under load my cpu temp increases to 95 immediately, then, after ~1 minute pc shuts down very quickly and bios says that I have cpu overheating problem

Is the AIO pump making noise/vibrations (it should if it's working)? Pump death is relatively common on AIOs. The rapid - but not instant - overheat is what I would expect if the system is heating the coolant, but the AIO just doesn't circulate it through the radiator to cool it back down.

Main PC 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

7 minutes ago, Zando Bob said:

Is the AIO pump making noise/vibrations (it should if it's working)? Pump death is relatively common on AIOs. The rapid - but not instant - overheat is what I would expect if the system is heating the coolant, but the AIO just doesn't circulate it through the radiator to cool it back down.

I can hear some vibrations, but they are pretty weak, I can hear them if I set fans to minimum speed. Pipes are vibrating, unfortunately I can't determine is it vibration from pump or fans, but earlier it was harder.

55 minutes ago, KyberGnida said:

I can hear some vibrations, but they are pretty weak, I can hear them if I set fans to minimum speed. Pipes are vibrating, unfortunately I can't determine is it vibration from pump or fans, but earlier it was harder.

You can put the point of a screwdriver up to the pump housing and then rest the rounded handle against the bone above your ear and feel/hear if the pump itself is making any noise. It's the most likely culprit, and if you don't wanna troubleshoot further, or do and it is the pump failing, then just RMA the cooler.

Main PC