AMD Driver Installation fails on Dell Inspiron 3537

Bharaj

Dell Inspiron 3537 Laptop
i7-4500U 

8850M 

Problem :-

When install AMD GPU drivers the screen freeze and installation will stuck near at random % .

If manage to install AMD driver in safe mode then at restart laptop black screen or Display will turn off after window logo or will stuck at window logo.

Things Tried :-

DDU 

AMD Cleanup Utility 

One time Able to install Drivers in normal mode when I uninstall Intel Drivers while Installing AMD drivers but got Black screen After reboot 

Solution:- 

None Need help 

Seen many people with same problem but no solution

Found Strange Thing is GPU-Z check screen short 

I u have same problem please check if ur GPU-Z show same thing too 

HD8850M.gif

OEM stuff can do that.  OEM desktops and basically all laptops aren’t ATX so technically an engineer can cut all kinds of weird corners.  Sadly this methodology sneaks its way into things like GPUs.  OEMs are famous for making some of the most substandard discrete GPUs around.  It’s totally random though.  The next model they do may be fine.  If they do it bad enough to make software not work it will be model endemic though. Everyone with that machine and that gpu will have the same problem.  If it’s not model endemic it may be a problem with your rig.  As far as rig problems go such a thing could be gpu related, storage related, or install related.  From the sound of things though this is likely a manufacturer screw up.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

27 minutes ago, Benji said:

As the previous post mentioned, OEM systems can be very iffy in terms of drivers (which is something that even AMD themselves mentions when you download drivers for laptop hardware). I'd say that the only drivers that'll work with this laptop are the ones that Dell provides themselves. I have the same experience with my Yoga 530-14ARR (Ryzen 5 2500U). AMD drivers install perfectly fine, but the entire system runs sluggish with them installed. The only way the system runs smoothly (without hardware-based video decoding in Chromium-based browsers, of course, because the drivers are way too old and also not perfectly stable) is to install the Lenovo-provided drivers.

If I was a Dell executive I might want to track which projects had what kind of problems and if there is a commonality, like who worked on them or managed them.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.