Chenbro NR12000 1u server purchased. Need RAM advice

I bought the following from ebay as an experimental project: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Chenbro-NR12000-1U-BAREBONES-SERVER-1x-POWER-SUPPPLY/352780972865?hash=item5223627341%3Ag%3AqZ8AAOSw1rpf2kzk&LH_BIN=1  ..  It arrived today, but I cannget get it to boot.  I added 4 - 8GB sticks of RAM (Crucial CT8G3ERSLD4160B.36FKD).  It says it is DDR3-1600.  Did I buy the wrong RAM?  Until I get it to boot, I am stuck.  

Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, tkitch said:

Did you install a CPU?  

Omg.  Never even crossed my mind that it would not have a CPU.  I lifted off the CPU cooler and you are correct.   No CPU.  Thank you 

Bare bones really means bare. 

7 hours ago, jbholton said:

Omg.  Never even crossed my mind that it would not have a CPU.  I lifted off the CPU cooler and you are correct.   No CPU.  Thank you 

Bare bones really means bare. 

yea these are really bare bones and its essentially companies getting rid of e-waste while still making some money.

not sure what exactly you intend to do with this but just be aware even the fastes CPU you can install into that socket is basically half as fast as even an i3 10100 which costs the same as the bare bones server you just bought.

• 2 weeks later...

I am actually just starting to learn.  Two goals for my set up.  First is to share TV episodes that I have to multiple devices within the house.  LAN access only, no WAN access needed.   And second to share photos.  LIke 10's of thousands of photos.  Will only have 1 or 2 concurrent users at the most so I dont see speed being a concern for now.  At least I hope not.

But I have now received the CPU.  I bought a Xeon E3 1230V2.  When I power up the server, i still get the blue light and geen light.  Before I got nothing else before installing the CPU.  Now with the CPU installed, I get a constant slow beep.  Still no display or error messages of any kind.  This is my very first server, so I am way over my head on this one.  Any advice would be appreciated.

I am still thinking I bought the wrong RAM last time.   I added 4 - 8GB sticks of RAM (Crucial CT8G3ERSLD4160B.36FKD).  It says it is DDR3-1600.  Did I buy the wrong RAM?