Component Stores in Europe

Budget (including currency): €2400

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Mainly gaming, small amount of industrial automation coding (PLC and HMI).

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):  

Been out of the PC Gaming scene for a long number of years, been console-only since the PS2 released. Haven't built a PC since AGP and round IDE cables were cool and PCIe was in it's infancy.

I'm old enough that my first PC build had a NIC with an IPX connection and it was a BIG deal when I got 500Mb HDD to add to my system!

Have a PS5 but would like a decent PC that will mainly run 4X strategy like Stellaris, city-building like Cities Skylines and the odd AAA title that isn't on PS5. I will be connecting the PC to an existing 4k so I'm not terribly worried about FPS or resolution yet but am giving myself that option if I decide to get dedicated gaming monitors in the future. 

I'll be using some e-waste grade peripherals to start with but I'm open to suggestions. I have a Corsair K63 Lapboard that I was using to rest a HOTAS on while sitting on the couch so I was thinking of getting the K63 keyboard to go with that. I plan to sit on the couch while gaming.

Won't be building until later in the year around September/October so hopefully GPU prices will be low enough to go with the RTX 3080 but my plan B is an RTX 3070 ti, was looking at the EVGA FTW3 version for that.

Also looking for suggestions on stores to buy from in Europe that deliver to Ireland so far I only have:

www.caseking.de

www.amazon.de

But was leaning towards CaseKing for ease of warranty. Would have gone with UK stores but, you know, Brexit happened so there's Import Duty on everything from the UK now.

See what I have below so far:

Thanks in advance for any feedback

Edit: Apologies for the PCPartPicker list massacre. I'm on mobile so I'll try fix it when I'm home.

url=https://pcpartpicker.com/list/33L9Mv]PCPartPicker Part List[/url]

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor ($299.00 @ Amazon)

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 CHROMAX.BLACK 82.52 CFM CPU Cooler ($109.95 @ Amazon)

Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO V2 ATX AM4 Motherboard ($205.99 @ Newegg)

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory ($97.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($199.99 @ Amazon)

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 10 GB TURBO Video Card

Case: Lian Li Lancool II Mesh ATX Mid Tower Case ($109.99 @ Newegg)

Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($124.99 @ Best Buy)

Case Fan: Corsair LL140 51.5 CFM 140 mm Fans 2-Pack ($88.99 @ Amazon)

Case Fan: Corsair LL120 63 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack ($94.99 @ Newegg)

Total: $1331.88 Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-07-11 08:28 EDT-0400

Edited by KaTaLy5t-87
Trying to fix partpicker list

6 minutes ago, KaTaLy5t-87 said:

Budget (including currency): €2400

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Mainly gaming, small amount of industrial automation coding (PLC and HMI).

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):  

Been out of the PC Gaming scene for a long number of years, been console-only since the PS2 released. Haven't built a PC since AGP and round IDE cables were cool and PCIe was in it's infancy.

I'm old enough that my first PC build had a NIC with an IPX connection and it was a BIG deal when I got 500Mb HDD to add to my system!

Have a PS5 but would like a decent PC that will mainly run 4X strategy like Stellaris, city-building like Cities Skylines and the odd AAA title that isn't on PS5. I will be connecting the PC to an existing 4k so I'm not terribly worried about FPS or resolution yet but am giving myself that option if I decide to get dedicated gaming monitors in the future. 

I'll be using some e-waste grade peripherals to start with but I'm open to suggestions. I have a Corsair K63 Lapboard that I was using to rest a HOTAS on while sitting on the couch so I was thinking of getting the K63 keyboard to go with that. I plan to sit on the couch while gaming.

Won't be building until later in the year around September/October so hopefully GPU prices will be low enough to go with the RTX 3080 but my plan B is an RTX 3070 ti, was looking at the EVGA FTW3 version for that.

Also looking for suggestions on stores to buy from in Europe that deliver to Ireland so far I only have:

www.caseking.de

www.amazon.de

But was leaning towards CaseKing for ease of warranty. Would have gone with UK stores but, you know, Brexit happened so there's Import Duty on everything from the UK now.

See what I have below so far:

Thanks in advance for any feedback

Edit: Apologies for the PCPartPicker list massacre. I'm on mobile so I'll try fix it when I'm home.

url=https://pcpartpicker.com/list/33L9Mv]PCPartPicker Part List[/url]

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor ($299.00 @ Amazon)

Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 AORUS PRO V2 ATX AM4 Motherboard ($205.99 @ Newegg)

Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory ($97.99 @ Newegg)

Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($199.99 @ Amazon)

Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3080 10 GB TURBO Video Card

Power Supply: Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($124.99 @ Best Buy)

Case Fan: Corsair LL140 51.5 CFM 140 mm Fans 2-Pack ($88.99 @ Amazon)

Case Fan: Corsair LL120 63 CFM 120 mm Fans 3-Pack ($94.99 @ Newegg)

Total: $1331.88 Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-07-11 08:28 EDT-0400

6/10

No

You really had to spend it all on incredibly expensive rgb fans, uneccesarily expensive board and the ssd didnt ya

Even worse you cut spending on the freaking cpu so 2.4k euro build with a pitifull 6 core, like 6 core for a 1k euro build is perfectly fine but at this budget id expect at the very least an 8 core cpu

Cut spending on the ssd, board, and fans

Sn550 for ssd cause 980 pro is only useful for regular large file transfers like videos

Get a b550f if youd like to oc, get a b550 a pro if you dont like ocing

Arctic p12 will smush those poor rgb fans whilst being much cheaper, though you could get phanteks fsk or sickleflow as budget rgb options

With all this budget saving you can very easily upgrade to a 5800x or even 5900x but thats prob overkill and still have a crap ton of money left over for the gpu

2 hours ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

6/10

No

You really had to spend it all on incredibly expensive rgb fans, uneccesarily expensive board and the ssd didnt ya

Even worse you cut spending on the freaking cpu so 2.4k euro build with a pitifull 6 core, like 6 core for a 1k euro build is perfectly fine but at this budget id expect at the very least an 8 core cpu

Cut spending on the ssd, board, and fans

Sn550 for ssd cause 980 pro is only useful for regular large file transfers like videos

Get a b550f if youd like to oc, get a b550 a pro if you dont like ocing

Arctic p12 will smush those poor rgb fans whilst being much cheaper, though you could get phanteks fsk or sickleflow as budget rgb options

With all this budget saving you can very easily upgrade to a 5800x or even 5900x but thats prob overkill and still have a crap ton of money left over for the gpu

Thanks for the feedback. 

The reason I went with the 5600X is because I thought going with more cores doesn't necessarily mean better gaming performance because a lot of games don't take advantage of the extra cores?

The motherboard choice was because it was one of the few B550 boards I could find that has both USB BIOS Flashback (because I don't have a Ryzen 2 CPU) and a USB-C header for the USB-C on the case, yes it's optional and yes I'll get the optional cable for it.

12 minutes ago, KaTaLy5t-87 said:

Thanks for the feedback. 

The reason I went with the 5600X is because I thought going with more cores doesn't necessarily mean better gaming performance because a lot of games don't take advantage of the extra cores?

The motherboard choice was because it was one of the few B550 boards I could find that has both USB BIOS Flashback (because I don't have a Ryzen 2 CPU) and a USB-C header for the USB-C on the case, yes it's optional and yes I'll get the optional cable for it.

Most games take advantage of 6-8 cores nowadays but i prefer 8 core cause they are more futureproof than a 6 core

Though yea you really need to cut spending on the rgb stuff, find cheaper alternatives that are still decent, cause rgb is a real money pit if you arent carefull

17 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Most games take advantage of 6-8 cores nowadays but i prefer 8 core cause they are more futureproof than a 6 core

Though yea you really need to cut spending on the rgb stuff, find cheaper alternatives that are still decent, cause rgb is a real money pit if you arent carefull

I took on board what you said.

Changed to Ryzen 5800X.

CaseKing don't seem to have 1Tb version of the SN550 at the moment but I can always get that from Amazon so the 500Gb version is there as a placeholder.

The ROG Strix B550F has USB Flashback and a USB-C Header.

The case fans are not an exact match with that CaseKing has, they are 3 x 120mm SK PWM D-RGB @ €34.90 and 2x 140mm SK PWM D-RGB @ €14.90 each so €28.80 total.

This build comes in around €1300 without a GPU. I can get an EVGA 3070ti FTW3 now for €888 which is still under budget but I have to wait until later in the year anyway so I'm hoping I'll get a 3080 for a similar price at that point. Even now, I can still manage a 3080 and be under budget but, as I said, I have to wait until I have the money so hopefully prices will have dropped more by then.

If I have money left in the pot for peripherals then that's all the better but I have nasty Dell stuff that I can use in the meantime if not.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor ($399.99 @ Newegg)

Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard ($172.03 @ Amazon)

Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($59.99 @ Amazon)

Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 10 GB FTW3 ULTRA GAMING Video Card ($1800.00 @ Amazon)

Case Fan: *Phanteks PH-F120SK 50 CFM 120 mm Fan ($13.99 @ Amazon)

Case Fan: Phanteks FSK 84.5 CFM 140 mm Fan ($17.99 @ Newegg)

Total: $2906.91 Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available *Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-07-11 11:45 EDT-0400

4 minutes ago, KaTaLy5t-87 said:

I took on board what you said.

Changed to Ryzen 5800X.

CaseKing don't seem to have 1Tb version of the SN550 at the moment but I can always get that from Amazon so the 500Gb version is there as a placeholder.

The ROG Strix B550F has USB Flashback and a USB-C Header.

The case fans are not an exact match with that CaseKing has, they are 3 x 120mm SK PWM D-RGB @ €34.90 and 2x 140mm SK PWM D-RGB @ €14.90 each so €28.80 total.

This build comes in around €1300 without a GPU. I can get an EVGA 3070ti FTW3 now for €888 which is still under budget but I have to wait until later in the year anyway so I'm hoping I'll get a 3080 for a similar price at that point. Even now, I can still manage a 3080 and be under budget but, as I said, I have to wait until I have the money so hopefully prices will have dropped more by then.

If I have money left in the pot for peripherals then that's all the better but I have nasty Dell stuff that I can use in the meantime if not.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor ($399.99 @ Newegg)

Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard ($172.03 @ Amazon)

Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 500 GB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($59.99 @ Amazon)

Video Card: EVGA GeForce RTX 3080 10 GB FTW3 ULTRA GAMING Video Card ($1800.00 @ Amazon)

Case Fan: *Phanteks PH-F120SK 50 CFM 120 mm Fan ($13.99 @ Amazon)

Case Fan: Phanteks FSK 84.5 CFM 140 mm Fan ($17.99 @ Newegg)

Total: $2906.91 Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available *Lowest price parts chosen from parametric criteria Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-07-11 11:45 EDT-0400

Still some optimizations to be made

Cheaper 3200mhz ram is available like silicon power turbine

And an msi mpg or revolution df 850w have a similar price to that psu

Other than some minor optimizations its a good build

9 minutes ago, Somerandomtechyboi said:

Still some optimizations to be made

Cheaper 3200mhz ram is available like silicon power turbine

And an msi mpg or revolution df 850w have a similar price to that psu

Other than some minor optimizations its a good build

Is the 3600MHz not better for Zen 3? I've read that Ryzen is particularly sensitive to memory speed and timings. 

I'll have a look at PSUs again as well. I just picked the Corsair because that was a brand I knew was decent.

5 minutes ago, KaTaLy5t-87 said:

Is the 3600MHz not better for Zen 3? I've read that Ryzen is particularly sensitive to memory speed and timings. 

I'll have a look at PSUs again as well. I just picked the Corsair because that was a brand I knew was decent.

You can just oc 3200mhz to 3600mhz, even 4000mhz if your cpu can run at 2000mhz fclk