My fans are going nuts!!

DankDoodles
Go to solution Solved by NTDaws,
9 minutes ago, DankDoodles said:

...can fan controllers die on an AIO?

You should have the fans plugged into the motherboard either way. I am not sure what kind of aio it is. Keep them plugged into the board so you can change them from you're bios or windows.

I was minding my own business and suddenly, the fans are going crazy fast out of no where and still are! There are no CPU temperature spikes or anything, the CPU is at 35C right now, yet the fans are going 2050 RPM and 1975 RPM! I have the Corsair iCUE H60iGIGABYTE Z390 motherboard, I am using two 120mm 4-pin Noctua iPPC PWM Fans (one fan on both sides of the radiator).

I tried 
force updating the device, I tried restarting the computer, I tried shutting down the computer for 30 seconds, I tried to re-download iCUE, and everything I did didn't work! What do I do??

I checked my motherboard, for some reason the RPM says it is running at ~4500K RPM!!

I also replugged in everything, nothing!

If the fan controller died then the fans will ramp to max speed. Though I doubt that happened. Do the fans ramp up while in UEFI?

The geek himself.

9 minutes ago, President Dawson Wehage said:

If the fan controller died then the fans will ramp to max speed. Though I doubt that happened. Do the fans ramp up while in UEFI?

Fans has ramped up to max the whole time when the computer is online. I am so confused why it is suddenly ramping up in speed when before it was working perfectly fine.

I just got this on Jun 3, 2021

I am also using the Core i5-8600K and trying to see if updating the bios would fix it.

In Supported CPUs it says that the "Since BIOS Version" for my CPU is F1. I am looking at the BIOS Downloads and the latest version is F8i. Would version F8i work with my CPU or do I need to use version F1? It says that the BIOS is currently on version F7.

1 minute ago, DankDoodles said:

I am also using the Core i5-8600K and trying to see if updating the bios would fix it.

In Supported CPUs it says that the "Since BIOS Version" for my CPU is F1. I am looking at the BIOS Downloads and the latest version is F8i. Would version F8i work with my CPU or do I need to use version F1?

Sure you can but before you do that, reset the uefi to factory settings and see if the fans ramp down.

The geek himself.

12 minutes ago, President Dawson Wehage said:

Sure you can but before you do that, reset the uefi to factory settings and see if the fans ramp down.

The only option for factory settings is "Load Optimized Defaults" and that had zero affect.

Update: Downloaded the latest BIOS... still full speed fans...

Another update: I changed the fan hub/connector/whatever, it didn't do anything. I completely removed the fan controller thing, somehow the fans are still are at 100%!! I don't understand how the fans are working without the connector!!

Update: It appears that the only thing that is giving the fan's power is the SATA connection. I switched both slots on the PSU and switched cords (yes they are from the same PSU plug bag), issue hasn't been fixed.

Major Update/Discovery

So when I plug in the fan directly into the motherboard, it is working perfectly fine! However, when I plugged the fan into the AIO it suddenly can't control the speed anymore! Is there something with the AIO itself? The SATA Connection? Or the motherboard?

1 hour ago, President Dawson Wehage said:

9 minutes ago, DankDoodles said:

You should have the fans plugged into the motherboard either way. I am not sure what kind of aio it is. Keep them plugged into the board so you can change them from you're bios or windows.

The geek himself.

1 hour ago, President Dawson Wehage said:

This worked!! Thank you so much!!