Any Windows Phone love?

Giac

Grey Lumia 920 here...anyone else a fan of nokia/WP?

Sound off below!

3x Dell U2412M |Silverstone FT03 | Maximus V Gene | 3770K @ 4.5Ghz 1.2V | SLI GTX780 | Mushkin Ridgeback 8GB 1600 CL7 | Corsair AX760

I've got an 820. Its pretty good, albeit chunky.  

I've got an 820. Its pretty good, albeit chunky.  

unlocked or on contract? Hows the AMOLED screen?

3x Dell U2412M |Silverstone FT03 | Maximus V Gene | 3770K @ 4.5Ghz 1.2V | SLI GTX780 | Mushkin Ridgeback 8GB 1600 CL7 | Corsair AX760

Contract, the resolution is not great compared to the 920. I really only use it for phoning though.

Yea... Love the 920. Got one for my wife when her contract renewed. I'm Stuck with my iPhone 4S until a few apps come out that I need. I personally think windows phone 8 is the best OS by far... But just needs some time for others to see the same I think... Plus a 41 megapixel lumia 928 would certainly sway me to overlook those two apps.

2x Xeon E5-2680 CPUs, EVGA SR-X Mobo, EVGA 680GTX, 64GB G.Skill 1333MHz RAM, Xigmatek Elysium case (don't buy this case!), XSPC 360 water kit... Etc... And I don't play games... Go figure.

My brother bought an unlocked grey 920 a few months ago just to break away from all the iPhones and Galaxies. He seems pretty happy with it.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-5820K, Corsair H115i, Asus X99-Deluxe/USB 3.1, G.Skill Ripjaws4 32GB 2800MHz CL16, Zotac RTX 3070, Samsung 950 Pro 512GB in Angelbird Wings PX1, Samsung 850 EVO 1TB, 5*Seagate 12TB, Cooler Master V1200, Phanteks Enthoo Luxe, Windows 10 Pro. Phillips 328P6VUBREB, Corsair Vengeance K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown, Logitech G502 X Plus, Sennheiser HD700.

AYANEO 2S: AMD 7800U, 32GB 7500MHz, 2TB WD SN850X. Windows 11.

• 5 weeks later...

Lumia 800 here @ 7.8, really happy with it.

My contract is up on verizon and I have an iphone 5 but I can't seem to get my self to switch to the 928 cuz its really not an upgrade?

Any thoughts? I really wana love windows but there's no apps and no love...

i7 3770k @ 4.2Ghz // Zalman LQ-310 Liquid Cooler // Gigabyte GA-Z77N-WIFI // Corsair Vengeance 16gb RAM // EVGA GTX 650 Ti Boost SC // OCZ Vertex 480gb SSD // Segate Barracuda 3tb HDD // Silverstone Slot-Load DVDR Drive // Silverstone SFX 450w 80+Gold Modular PSU // SIlverstone FT03-Mini // Mountain Lion 10.8.3

24" Apple CInema Display // Cyborg MMO 7 // Apple Numeric Keyboard // Apogee Duet 2 // M-Audio Fast Track C400 // M-Audio BX8 D2

Got me a HTC Trophy. It's like 3 yrs old. I could do with getting something newer.

Also check out Wizard Wars. It's TD game I had a hand in making.

AMD FX-4100(Temporary), MSI 990FXA-GD65, 8GB Dual-Channel DDR3, MSI 7950 Twin Frozr 3GD5/OC, MSI Radeon HD 5450, Asus Xonar DGX, M4 128GB SSD, 1TB Seagate Baracuda HDD, 250GB Hitachi HDD, CoolerMaster Silent Pro 700W PSU, CoolerMaster Storm Scout, Corsair H50

• 2 weeks later...

have a HTC 8S. 
Liked it at first, now we still need a whatsapp update.

Also hate that a lot of proper apps are NOKIA-ONLY.. 

Come on HTC, only the 8S and 8X .. and no apps..

CPU: i7 3930K 3.2Ghz on Noctua NH-U14S| RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance @1600Mhz + 32GB Kingston Beast @ 1866Mhz | MBO: Asus P9X79 | GPU: ASUS GTX970 STRIX | SSD: Samsung 840 PRO 256GB + Crucial M500 480GB  |  HDD: 2*3TB Seagate | PSU: Cooler Master 850m2 850W | Case: Cooler Master Cosmos Pure Black

Dell P2715Q, 4K @t 60Hz :)

• 2 weeks later...

I've got a Nokia Lumina 920 me thinks here on loan from Telstra while they fix my One. Android was a little confusing but man WP8 feels freaking weird. 

Lumia 620 user here. Coming from an old Nokia 2700. i really2 love the skydrive integrations(saved me few times when I forgot to bring my work from the desktop) and the brilliant Nokia Maps/Nokia Drive/CityLens. Though sometimes the phone just crashes every few days whenever i try to unlock the screen (and this particular Lumia model battery juice is too small) I do have few other rants/discontent about WP8 but I can understand the OS still being new and not as matured as Android and IOS. Can't wait for the next WP8 update I heard it's coming around August.

First choice was to get an S3. Noticed a Nokia shop next door to Samsung's. Tried the Lumia. Never regretted choosing WP8  :)

I use an HTC 8x. TBH I was incredibly impressed at how fast the phone was and then how fast the OS is to get around to doing things. I remember when the Windows stores used to have you do competitions against the staff (with windows phones) to see how fast you could complete a basic smartphone task. WP staff always won except once I think. I also love how incredibly thin my 8x is! LOVE IT!

My system: i7 2600k @3.4ghz - Corsair h110 - ASRock z77 extreme4 - 2x EVGA GTX 770ti SLI - 16gb (4x4gb) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600mhz  - 120gb Crucial m4 SSD - 1tb Caviar Black WD HDD - Silverstone ATX12V 1000W 80+ Gold PFC Power Supply - NZXT Phantom 820.

Peripherals: Corsair M95 - Corsair K70 - Razer Vespula - TrackIR 5 - 2x Asus VK278Q 27" 1080p 

Currently rocking a black Lumia 920. Upgraded from a black Lumia 900, and previously a Samsung Focus.

If the nokia 920 had android, I'd switch to it in a heartbeat :( Still happy with my Galaxy Nexus, but damn...every time I pass by a Windows Store with the Lumia 920 I get jelly.

Edited by GabrielTan

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

Still have a Samsung Focus and can't say that it was great. I could have gotten so much more for my money with something like Android at the price I paid (about $600 at the time).