Upgrading my pc need input and advice

I need help with what to upgrade in my system. I have a Ryzen 7 2700 (non-X) with 16 GB G-skill Ripjaw ( 2x 8GB) DDR4 RAM and a MSI Armor RX 580 Graphics Card. All of this is mounted on on a MSI B450 Tomahawk. I am running this through the DP on my 27" 144hz MSI Optix mag274r.  I am currently using this rig to Escape from Tarkov mainly but I am not getting the FPS I was expecting. My graphics card is at 100% while my CPU is running at a lower percent. I'm thinking about upgrading my graphics card to a Evga Geforce rtx 2070 gaming and my RAM to Crucial Ballistix 32 GB (2x 16 GB) DDR4 3600. I am open to other options on what needs upgrading or the hardware itself.

Forget about the RAM - 16GB is more than enough for gaming at the moment, better to invest that money into the GPU.

If you can, get a 3000 series one, but be very careful with the prices. It looks like it's on a downwards trend back to reality, so maybe wait a few weeks and monitor the common e-tailers in your country.

20 minutes ago, wolfman321 said:

I need help with what to upgrade in my system. I have a Ryzen 7 2700 (non-X) with 16 GB G-skill Ripjaw ( 2x 8GB) DDR4 RAM and a MSI Armor RX 580 Graphics Card. All of this is mounted on on a MSI B450 Tomahawk. I am running this through the DP on my 27" 144hz MSI Optix mag274r.  I am currently using this rig to Escape from Tarkov mainly but I am not getting the FPS I was expecting. My graphics card is at 100% while my CPU is running at a lower percent. I'm thinking about upgrading my graphics card to a Evga Geforce rtx 2070 gaming and my RAM to Crucial Ballistix 32 GB (2x 16 GB) DDR4 3600. I am open to other options on what needs upgrading or the hardware itself.

As @Rautenputs it up, fuck the RAM upgrade, get a GPU upgrade. At around 500$ for the GPU and 150-200$ for the RAM you can combine the budget and get yourself an AIB (As in custom, non founder) 3080 at MSRP.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

3 hours ago, wolfman321 said:

RAM to Crucial Ballistix 32 GB (2x 16 GB) DDR4 3600.

Upgrading your ram wouldn't make a noticeable difference with your current cpu, especially 3600Mhz, so I would definitely invest more money on the graphics card if you can find a good deal.

On 7/8/2021 at 6:45 AM, wolfman321 said:

What would be some good GPUs for my setup?

On 7/8/2021 at 10:18 AM, jrayk04 said:

Upgrading your ram wouldn't make a noticeable difference with your current cpu, especially 3600Mhz, so I would definitely invest more money on the graphics card if you can find a good deal.

On 7/8/2021 at 7:10 AM, SorryClaire said:

As @Rautenputs it up, fuck the RAM upgrade, get a GPU upgrade. At around 500$ for the GPU and 150-200$ for the RAM you can combine the budget and get yourself an AIB (As in custom, non founder) 3080 at MSRP.

On 7/8/2021 at 6:50 AM, Rauten said:

Forget about the RAM - 16GB is more than enough for gaming at the moment, better to invest that money into the GPU.

If you can, get a 3000 series one, but be very careful with the prices. It looks like it's on a downwards trend back to reality, so maybe wait a few weeks and monitor the common e-tailers in your country.

2 hours ago, wolfman321 said:

This is the reason why you shouldnt copypaste respond to everyone.

On 7/8/2021 at 6:10 PM, SorryClaire said:

you can combine the budget and get yourself an AIB (As in custom, non founder) 3080 at MSRP.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.