Rx6700xt driver issues anyone?

Gohardgrandpa

I went thru the dreaded driver issues with a rx5700 and 5700xt and went to Nvidia. I need to build a new PC but can't get a Nvidia card without paying double which I refuse to do. 

Found a 6700xt brand new for $600 and ordered it. I can always return it. 

Was wondering if anyone is having issues? My biggest one before was the screen going black and not coming back on until I restarted the PC. 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

my guy i have a 5700xt and it work fora good bit im now have some issues where the screen gose black after a bit of gaming it might just be my gpu cause its a new issue but i think its just really crappy drivers

2 minutes ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

I went thru the dreaded driver issues with a rx5700 and 5700xt and went to Nvidia. I need to build a new PC but can't get a Nvidia card without paying double which I refuse to do. 

Found a 6700xt brand new for $600 and ordered it. I can always return it. 

Was wondering if anyone is having issues? My biggest one before was the screen going black and not coming back on until I restarted the PC. 

Edit: and idk if it was the same for you it went black and a sound kept repeating till i fully restarted i did a clean install and idk if its gana happen again but i do know that every so often it will turn black for like a second or half then go to normal havent done a long game sesh yet so idk if the full restart thing will happen

2 minutes ago, Aqaukill said:

my guy i have a 5700xt and it work fora good bit im now have some issues where the screen gose black after a bit of gaming it might just be my gpu cause its a new issue but i think its just really crappy drivers

I had 3 different cards do it. One xfx and 2 sapphire pulse cards. I could never get it to work right. Tried everything imaginable to fix it and gave up. If I could find a Nvidia card I'd get it. 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

Just now, Gohardgrandpa said:

I had 3 different cards do it. One xfx and 2 sapphire pulse cards. I could never get it to work right. Tried everything imaginable to fix it and gave up. If I could find a Nvidia card I'd get it. 

yea XD i love amds cpu i had one 5800xt havea defect but got a new one Just intalled it today hopefully no issues but ik if i see a nvida gpu msrp or close ima buy it

10 minutes ago, Aqaukill said:

yea XD i love amds cpu i had one 5800xt havea defect but got a new one Just intalled it today hopefully no issues but ik if i see a nvida gpu msrp or close ima buy it

I know the feeling. I got a 3700x from Amazon last year that didn't work at all. I'd much rather use a Nvidia card but can't pay $1,000 for a 3060ti 

No cpu mobo or ram atm

2tb wd black gen 4 nvme 

2tb seagate hdd

Corsair rm750x 

Be quiet 500dx 

Gigabyte m34wq 3440x1440

Xbox series x

13 minutes ago, Gohardgrandpa said:

I know the feeling. I got a 3700x from Amazon last year that didn't work at all. I'd much rather use a Nvidia card but can't pay $1,000 for a 3060ti 

yea and now i need to find a solution for my new 5800xt amd sent me from my rma cause it has the same issue as my last one but a ton worse