b450 tomahawk max 4x8 ram

Is it fine to ad another set of 16gb ram to a b450 tomahawk max. Will there be stability issues?

The speed is 3600mhz cl18

Which CPU do you have? It should be easiest on the newest Ryzen 5000 series, before that it's a bit trickier.

I know from experience that it's pretty hard to run 4 sticks of RAM on Ryzen. You can't always get advertised speeds, unless you have a set of the same 4 sticks of RAM. If you buy the exact same set of 16GB RAM, they will be from different production batches and not guaranteed to work.

Generally it is recommended not to mix ram kits. There is a chance they both will not work together. A lot of people do it without issues though. 

4 sticks should not be an issue, most of the problems people have are from mixing kits or using 4 dual rank sticks. 2 identical kits can be using totally different chips, even if you buy them at the same time. Ryzen doesn't like quad rank, so 4x16GB sticks can be an issue, but 4x8GB sticks should always work as long as they are matching sticks.

Ram is complicated on Ryzen. Your best bet is to buy a new 32GB kit.

Decide if the risk of it not working is worth it or if you should buy a 4x8 or 2x16 kit. 4x8 is the better option if you don't plan on upgrading to 64GB.

2 hours ago, JohannesB2B said:

hmm its a Ryzen 5 3600 

this is the ram https://www.kingston.com/datasheets/HX436C17FB3K2_16.pdf

The post above me explains it mostly. It should be okay on a Ryzen 5 3600, but it's still a big gamble.

Your best options are right now: keep your 16GB RAM, sell your 16GB RAM and get a 32GB kit or try to gamble and buy the exact same kit (even though different batch).

Actually I ever tried buying a second kit myself an adding it using all 4 slots. It will work and be stable, but when enabling DOCP you can't get the advertised speed. In your case you might not reach 3600mhz, but just 2800/3000 max, maybe 3200 if you're lucky. If you know RAM overclocking, you can surely get 3600, but with different number in latency, etcetera.