Monitor choice

jj9

Hi, upgrading from a xl2411z. mainly for csgo but I do also play singleplayer games if that matters. 

So, ASUS TUF VG259QM vs ROG STRIX XG258Q? The TUF is about 27€ cheaper so that doesnt really matter if the strix is better. 

any help would be much appreciated! 

My choice in the 1080p 240Hz 24" segment would be the MSI Optix MAG251RX.

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.

17 minutes ago, Stahlmann said:

My choice in the 1080p 240Hz 24" segment would be the MSI Optix MAG251RX.

Yeah, i have heard that it is the choice but unfortunately In Finland only a couple questionable stores has it listed and the delivery times lead me to believe they wouldnt be able to ship one at all. Atleast a 100€ more expensive than the asus options aswell. 

1 hour ago, jj9 said:

Yeah, i have heard that it is the choice but unfortunately In Finland only a couple questionable stores has it listed and the delivery times lead me to believe they wouldnt be able to ship one at all. Atleast a 100€ more expensive than the asus options aswell. 

Sadly i can't find a review on the XG258Q from a source that i trust. But the VG259QM is a very good choice from what it seems: ASUS TUF Gaming VG259QM Review - RTINGS.com

The ASUS TUF Gaming VG259QM is an excellent IPS monitor that delivers a smooth and responsive gaming experience. It shares many similarities with its bigger brother, the ASUS VG279QM, as it also has a 1080p resolution and a 280Hz refresh rate. It has great visibility in bright environments thanks to its impressive peak brightness, but to the contrary, it isn't as well-suited for dark rooms due to its low contrast ratio. It has exceptionally fast response time, a Black Frame Insertion feature, as well as native FreeSync support and G-SYNC compatibility. It supports HDR10; however, HDR content doesn't look significantly better than in SDR because it lacks a wide color gamut and local dimming. On the upside, it has a great build quality, wide viewing angles, and outstanding ergonomics. - RTINGS.com

If someone did not use reason to reach their conclusion in the first place, you cannot use reason to convince them otherwise.