Advice needed on high end computer build

Shanakar

Hi all,

I am currently in the process of building a high end PC and need some advice on which Power Supply and what set of monitors would go best with this new setup. I'm not very savvy when it comes to those areas so I thought I'd ask here. Below are the specs of what I have already. I noticed that the GTX Titan requires a 600w power supply, but not sure what I'll need to run all that stuff below, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Motherboard
-Asrock Z79 Extreme11 Intel X79

Video Card
-Gigabyte GTX Titan 6gb x4 (Four way SLI)

CPU Processor
-Intel i7 3960X 3.3Ghz 15mb Cache

CPU Processor Cooler
-Cooler Master CPU Cooler 120mm x2

Ram
-Corsair Vengeance Pro 64gb 2133MHz (8x8gb)

Hard Drives
-4TB Western Digital Hard Drive x5
-1TB Samsung SSD Hard Drive

Optical Drive

-Samsung DVD Reader/Burner

Case
-Cooler Master Cosmos II

Get the I7 4960X, it's a newer version of the 3960X.

For that kind of a system, I would get a 1600watt PSU. Although, I would HIGHLY recommend not getting that kind of a system. Unless you have a job that requires such a powerful system, you are wasting your money. 

What the hell are you doing that you need 4 titans but you are going cheap on the cpu cooler despite going a 2011 extreme edition. No offence but i think you build has bigger issues than picking a psu and monitors

i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz (1.240v) || Asrock extreme 4 || CM Hyper 212 evo

Samsung 840 || WD blue 1tb || WD green 1tb || Powercolor 7870 xt @ (1200 mhz core : 1500 mhz mem)

Powered by a silverstone strider 500w psu in a NZXT 210.

1500W PSU should do the job, and what are you doing on your PC that requires 4 Titans? O.o

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

Get the I7 4960X, it's a newer version of the 3960X.

For that kind of a system, I would get a 1600watt PSU. Although, I would HIGHLY recommend not getting that kind of a system. Unless you have a job that requires such a powerful system, you are wasting your money. 

Well I run a game development company and using 3DS Max, millions of poly models, Photoshop and 4k+ texture painting.

I understand that it can be a waste of money, that is the desired end result, I may start off with less first and determine if I need more depending how it works during my work, but thanks for the advice on CPU too! :D

What the hell are you doing that you need 4 titans but you are going cheap on the cpu cooler despite going a 2011 extreme edition. No offence but i think you build has bigger issues than picking a psu and monitors

Well any advice on all the parts is appreciated. As mentioned above, I use it for game development so I thought I'd post on a respected site like this and get some advice. I'm looking for top of the line as money is not an issue.

Well I run a game development company and using 3DS Max, millions of poly models, Photoshop and 4k+ texture painting.

I understand that it can be a waste of money, that is the desired end result, I may start off with less first and determine if I need more depending how it works during my work, but thanks for the advice on CPU too! :D

Well, since you have a job that requires it, this kind of system makes sense.

Would you want to overclock the 4960X? If so, I would suggest getting a different CPU cooler such as an H100i (AIO liquid cooler) or a Noctua NHD-14 (air cooling) 

I don't really touch overclocking so no I wouldn't want to overclock it.

get a titan z, im not sure ive 3ds mx supports sli so that might give better results

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

Ahh, alright :)

As for monitors, how big would you want them to be? Also, what resolution would you prefer? 

get a titan z, im not sure ive 3ds mx supports sli so that might give better results

A Titan-Z is still SLI Titan Blacks. It's just all on one PCB (allows for more compact super computing as well as better power draw)

Currently I just run a 42" HDTV as a monitor. I'd say three of those would be sufficient. As I've never had more than one monitor running and its something I'm only getting into now, advice is appreciated.

Also, what cooler would you recommend with the 4960X CPU?

A Titan-Z is still SLI Titan Blacks. It's just all on one PCB (allows for more compact super computing as well as better power draw)

hhmm, i thought that would unite the cuda cores as one number

EDIT: what about using titan blacks insteaD? they have more cuda cores

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

Currently I just run a 42" HDTV as a monitor. I'd say three of those would be sufficient. As I've never had more than one monitor running and its something I'm only getting into now, advice is appreciated.

Also, what cooler would you recommend with the 4960X CPU?

Do you want three new monitor, or three of the TV's that you already have?

As for the CPU cooler, since you don't plan on overclocking, get something such as the Corsair H60. That should be enough to cool a 4960X @stock speeds 

If your aren't going to touch overclocking then top of the line is duel xeon e5-2697 v2 (http://ark.intel.com/products/75283/) psu you will want a 1500w unit though i am still not sure 4way sli is a good idea, it is extremely unsupported with drivers and the amount of gpu heat at full noise would be crazy. For a professional setting my advice on board is the z9pe-d8 ws by asus (http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Z9PED8_WS/).

What are rig are you currently using though, waiting for haswell-e and ddr4 might be worth it for a professional setting.

i5-3570k @ 4.4ghz (1.240v) || Asrock extreme 4 || CM Hyper 212 evo

Samsung 840 || WD blue 1tb || WD green 1tb || Powercolor 7870 xt @ (1200 mhz core : 1500 mhz mem)