This discussion is about servers I am looking for a server  I hope this can also help other people.

this is for any type of server

27 minutes ago, Astro435643 said:

2 TB 

$1500 

yes

You could get a 2tb nas for 1/10th of that. 

Just a word of warning, if you think you want a 2TB NAS you really want a 4TB or even an 8TB. They fill up fast.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

1 minute ago, James Evens said:

They suck.

The NAS in those price region are weak/slow proprietary hardware which noticeably hurts performance. Meanwhile a old desktop with 4 GB of RAM and  2x 2TB  (SSD or HDD) + 1 boot SSD is fast.

An old desktop can be a nas. I did not specify a ready to go box (synology or the like). 

-> Moved to Servers and NAS

Please be sure to include as much details as you can from the start. That way you get most accurate replies.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

If you only want a NAS with 2 TB, you can look at Synology Products, for 2 TB you can buy for example a Synology DS 220 (+?) for about 350 euros.I have good experience with these Synology products, if you want more than just a storage server, you can download software in their interface.

i have ben searching  and i am considdering getting a SAN to run VMS