Will my laptop be able to run a 144hz external monitor?

wew

Hey guys, so I have a rog strix g laptop (i5, gtx 1050, 8gb ram). I was wondering can i connect a external 144hz monitor to it? Will there be any problems? It does have a HDMI port (2.0 - not sure about this).

2 minutes ago, wew said:

Hey guys, so I have a rog strix g laptop (i5, gtx 1050, 8gb ram). I was wondering can i connect a external 144hz monitor to it? Will there be any problems? It does have a HDMI port (2.0 - not sure about this).

Sure,there shouldn't be any problems, now if your laptop is going to be able to run 144 fps that's a different story but if you are asking if your laptop would be able to work with a 144hz monitor then the answer should be yes.

💠Case: SilentiumPC Signum SG7V EVO TG ARGB
💠Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5900x
💠Graphics Card: ASUS TUF RTX 4070 OC
💠RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO @ 3600 CL18
💠CPU Cooler:NZXT KRAKEN Z73
💠Power Supply: Corsair CX750 (750W)
💠HDD: 1 TB WD Blue
💠SSD 1: 240GB Kingston A400
💠SSD 2: 960GB Kingston A400
💠Motherboard: ASUS TUF B450M PLUS GAMING

1 minute ago, probablydumb said:

Sure,there shouldn't be any problems, now if your laptop is going to be able to run 144 fps that's a different story but if you are asking if your laptop would be able to work with a 144hz monitor then the answer should be yes.

BIG IT DEPENDS here.

A lot of laptops have a 60hz lock on their hdmi out and without knowing the exact laptop it is hard to say if it can output 144hz. It's a strix so it should normally be able to but you never know.

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

BIG IT DEPENDS here.

A lot of laptops have a 60hz lock on their hdmi out and without knowing the exact laptop it is hard to say if it can output 144hz. It's a strix so it should normally be able to but you never know.

It's a rog strix g531g-dbq086t

1 hour ago, probablydumb said:

yeaa, the laptop can only run 60hz so I'm trying to use a 144hz monitor.

3 hours ago, wew said:

It's a rog strix g531g-dbq086t

It should be able to do it. However keep in mind that a 1050 is a 60fps 1080p card at low-med settings these days for higher graphics games. In csgo and such sure go ahead but don't expect to much from it. It won't get better fps connecting a 144hz monitor it will still be the same you'll just have the option to see more.

4 minutes ago, jaslion said:

It should be able to do it. However keep in mind that a 1050 is a 60fps 1080p card at low-med settings these days for higher graphics games. In csgo and such sure go ahead but don't expect to much from it. It won't get better fps connecting a 144hz monitor it will still be the same you'll just have the option to see more.

i see i see, mostly i only play valorant now. Thanks alot though

3 minutes ago, wew said:

i see i see, mostly i only play valorant now. Thanks alot though

Should be doable.

Make sure it has freesync or gsync tho to help out a bit when fps drop.