ASUS ROG GL553VD - NVIDIA Issue

AdamTheNiceMemeMan

Hi!, so i recently bought a Monitor and connected to my Laptop through an HDMI Cable but my Friend's laptop doesn't really show the settings like in my Laptop, I Opened NVIDIA Control Panel and it pretty much looked like this

image.png.0fbcfdd8efce42d01265698e81b46fc9.png

with the Physx Settings looking like this

image.png.1ce7db6ed5696245633d57677da03bb8.png

I'm using a Laptop with GTX 1060 Graphics card <--- Connected through hdmi

My Friend's Laptop is an ASUS ROG GL553VD with an i7 7th Gen, and GTX 1050 (non Ti)

His NVIDIA Control Panel looks like this (compared to mine, it is really different)

unknown.png

His Physx settings looks like this (it is Connected to Intel instead of NVIDIA). He Pretty much cannot Change his Monitor hertz to 144 because his Monitor is not even detected at NVIDIA's Control Panel.

unknown.png

What do you guys think that might be the reason of my friend's Issue? Thank you in advanced 😄

*sorry for my english

image.png

Your friend's laptop come with Nvidia Optimus while yours doesn't.

The main display is connected through Intel HD graphic so if you want to change resolution you need to do it via Intel Graphic Control Panel or windows graphic settings. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

Does it have something to do with Control Panel version? because his control panel Driver Version is like 441 and mine is 446 (on Control Panel System Information)

and is it possible by any chance for my friend to disable Optimus? instead manually configure, because if he wants to change his monitor heartz on Intel Graphic Control Panel, it will look like this it doesnt allow him to use 144hz and there's like p Hz on the refresh rate section

image.png.61d470565dbdea47fdc40d02316a2f10.png

I don't think you can disable it, at least not on that laptop model. 

1. Can you try install latest driver for that iGPU? https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30381/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers
2. How about window setting? Right click on Desktop > Change Resolution 

3. Try use different HDMI cable. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

On 6/29/2021 at 4:41 PM, xAcid9 said:

I don't think you can disable it, at least not on that laptop model. 

1. Can you try install latest driver for that iGPU? https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30381/Intel-Graphics-Windows-10-DCH-Drivers
2. How about window setting? Right click on Desktop > Change Resolution 

3. Try use different HDMI cable. 

Thank you for the reply, i ended up relying on Intel's Graphics Driver, even tho i think it still bottlenecks most games that he played (or maybe not? correct me if im wrong)

6 hours ago, AdamTheNiceMemeMan said:

Thank you for the reply, i ended up relying on Intel's Graphics Driver, even tho i think it still bottlenecks most games that he played (or maybe not? correct me if im wrong)

What you mean by that? You can choose which program to use Intel or Nvidia graphic from Nvidia Control Panel. If you set High Performance graphic in NVCP for a specific game/app then it will use that GTX1050.

• 4 months later...

On 7/1/2021 at 5:19 PM, AdamTheNiceMemeMan said:

Hello Adam, have you solved this problem? I have the same problem, I haven't been able to use my monitor at 165Hz yet

Yeah, but my friend's laptop just caps the hz to 120 max, it'll crash the Laptop if i somehow just force the settings to use 144hz