CPU Temperature i9 9900k

David Stark

Hello Community!

I have a i9 9900k (not running on overclock) paired with a Dark Rock Pro 4 Air Coller from Be Quiet. I am now in my hot months where i am living (27-30 C) Ambient. And for example if i play Ghost Recon Breakpüoint fully maxed out the CPU temps climb up to 85-90C and peak sometimes at 92C. My question now would be if this is still fine for this chip (healthy) or if i should get an AIO like the Corsair iCUE H150i ELITE to cope with the summer heat.

With dear regards

David Stark

I don't know about the temps but from expiriants I know it is very common to forget to pull the safety plastic layer of the cooler of or forget to apply thermal paste but if its normal to run that high you need somebody else becouse I don't know about that =D

the temps are not all that great for the chip's health. But still that is a beefy cooler and I think it should do decent even now (in summer).

My advice would be to make the cooler to spin harder and same for the chassis fans. Now lets hope that your case also has decent airflow

Just now, Albert F said:

the temps are not all that great for the chip's health. But still that is a beefy cooler and I think it should do decent even now (in summer).

My advice would be to make the cooler to spin harder and same for the chassis fans. Now lets hope that your case also has decent airflow

Case: be quiet dark base pro 900 rev 2

The 3 front silent wings and one in the back plus the coller fans are at max ramp at my described load.

1 minute ago, David Stark said:

Case: be quiet dark base pro 900 rev 2

The 3 front silent wings and one in the back plus the coller fans are at max ramp at my described load.

maybe try repasteing before buying an aio just to be sure

Does it help if you open the front door? Also the gpu used will make a huge difference. Some new high-end cards dump 350W into a case.