Help create a dedicated gaming server for IL-2

I have tried looking for videos on YouTube that might demystify what I need to create a dedicated gaming server but I am having a hard time finding anything on that topic, the closes I can get is Network Attached Storage Drives which aren't exactly what I am looking for. I am planning on upgrading my CPU and motherboard to intel's current i9 11900K generation.

The reason I want to do this is because while trying to play cooperatively with a friend of mine in IL-2's Pat Wilson Campaign Generator the server will frequently "overload" and experience a lot of lagging where aircraft will rubber band in the skies, this is with my i9 9900K being overclocked to 4.8 GHz and air density set to medium (not that this will necessarily mean much to you guys :P). I am in the process of trying to get a separate install of the game on the same PC and running the dedicated server application for it to see if splitting the server process into two application may solve my issues/let me dedicate more resources to the server on the same machine. If this doesn't work I am in need of creating a dedicated server which is why I turn to this forum to help me.

I have experience building PCs from scratch component by component, but no experience whatsoever with servers.

Budget (including currency): $500 excluding CPU as I will probably repurpose my i9 9900K

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Il-2 Dedicated Server, but really anytime I may need to use a server I will use this machine for that purpose.

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): Not sure.