Am I dreaming

kes2006

Am I dreaming or something or is it just me that is seeing that gpu prices are going down I saw a 1070 for €250 instead of €400 and not 1 of them multiple 

1 minute ago, kes2006 said:

Am I dreaming or something or is it just me that is seeing that gpu prices are going down I saw a 1070 for €250 instead of €400 and not 1 of them multiple 

Woopwoop a 1070 for the prices they went in 2018 ish.

But that is odd it might just be a scam again.

13 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Could just be a person that doesn't care that much about the money and just want to get rid of the graphics card. 

Like me, I sold my 1080Ti for 1000DKK (1000DKK = 160USD)

20 minutes ago, jaslion said:

But there are like 30 that are only €250

1 minute ago, kes2006 said:

But there are like 30 that are only €250

Same person?

Where are they listed? Ebay?

if its too good to be true it usually  is.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

Don't know much about the used GPU market right now. But since prices for new cards are going down at least in Germany (3080s down 500€ or more compared to 2-3 weeks ago) it makes sense that used GPU prices are also falling.

Desktop: i9-10850K [Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black] | Asus ROG Strix Z490-E | G.Skill Trident Z 2x16GB 3600Mhz 16-16-16-36 | Asus ROG Strix RTX 3080Ti OC | SeaSonic PRIME Ultra Gold 1000W | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | CoolerMaster MasterCase H500 ARGB | Win 10

Display: Samsung Odyssey G7A (28" 4K 144Hz)

Laptop: Lenovo ThinkBook 16p Gen 4 | i7-13700H | 2x8GB 5200Mhz | RTX 4060 | Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon

12 minutes ago, Montana16 said:

Don't know much about the used GPU market right now. But since prices for new cards are going down at least in Germany (3080s down 500€ or more compared to 2-3 weeks ago) it makes sense that used GPU prices are also falling.

The prices for the 1070 are way out of line with others tho so this is fishy.

4 hours ago, Montana16 said:

i live in the netherlands and heres the same thing 

8 hours ago, jaslion said:

Same person?

Where are they listed? Ebay?

no all drifferent persons and i also see rx 580s for around 150 to 200 euros

Well prices are slowly getting back to normal thx to cryptomining not being profitable across the entire EU with our electricity prices. With the current etherium prices you can't make profit on it when you have to pay your electricity bill. A lot of mining rigs are being disassembled and sold atm, BUT the most important thing is to not buy unless you have no other options. If your GPU died and can't use your rig because of that, yes go ahead, but the rest looking for a simple upgrade should endure just a lil bit more so we can finally get back to sane levels. Saame for the new GPU. Stadily coming back down, but still almost twice the MSRP. Still have to hold it and wait for the prices to drop to a normal level, otherwise these prices are gonna be our next big price jump. Although i have to say i witness a slight jump in AMD gpu prices. Don't know if it has to do anything with Fidelity FX Super Resolution, but the entire 6000 series basically jumped by 10% in price.

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |

1 minute ago, QuantumSingularity said:

Well prices are slowly getting back to normal thx to cryptomining not being profitable across the entire EU with our electricity prices. With the current etherium prices you can't make profit on it when you have to pay your electricity bill. A lot of mining rigs are being disassembled and sold atm, BUT the most important thing is to not buy unless you have no other options. If your GPU died and can't use your rig because of that, yes go ahead, but the rest looking for a simple upgrade should endure just a lil bit more so we can finally get back to sane levels. Saame for the new GPU. Stadily coming back down, but still almost twice the MSRP. Still have to hold it and wait for the prices to drop to a normal level, otherwise these prices are gonna be our next big price jump.

Mostly agree.

Not every GPU is twice it's MSRP, some are more like 50% above but still its not worth paying that much above MSRP.

GPU prices coming down isn't just because of mining not being as profitable as it used to be. Sure it does contribute to that but so does the general availability as well as the Market getting more and more saturated which decreases demand. With that scalpers realize the profitability of GPUs is going down which makes scalping less attractive and more and more scalpers will leave the market.

Yes, if you are looking to upgrade it's best to wait a few more weeks because if that trend continues you probably will be able to get cards at or near MSRP in the very near future.

Desktop: i9-10850K [Noctua NH-D15 Chromax.Black] | Asus ROG Strix Z490-E | G.Skill Trident Z 2x16GB 3600Mhz 16-16-16-36 | Asus ROG Strix RTX 3080Ti OC | SeaSonic PRIME Ultra Gold 1000W | Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB | Samsung 860 Evo 2TB | CoolerMaster MasterCase H500 ARGB | Win 10

Laptop: Lenovo ThinkBook 16p Gen 4 | i7-13700H | 2x8GB 5200Mhz | RTX 4060 | Linux Mint 21.2 Cinnamon

10 minutes ago, Montana16 said:

Mostly agree.

Not every GPU is twice it's MSRP, some are more like 50% above but still its not worth paying that much above MSRP.

GPU prices coming down isn't just because of mining not being as profitable as it used to be. Sure it does contribute to that but so does the general availability as well as the Market getting more and more saturated which decreases demand. With that scalpers realize the profitability of GPUs is going down which makes scalping less attractive and more and more scalpers will leave the market.

Yes, if you are looking to upgrade it's best to wait a few more weeks because if that trend continues you probably will be able to get cards at or near MSRP in the very near future.

I can't speak about the situation in the US, but here in the EU, 99% of the shortage was thx to the miners. 90% of the cards being sold today are from mining rigs and there are MANY whole mining rigs being sold as well. Scalpers couldn't really make a profit over here, cause depending on the country you are in, they (the government) might want to charge you a profit tax on your scalped GPU which ranges anywhere from 10% to 30%. We don't have the American freedom market. For example if i sell my own old stuff i bought few years back with the paid VAT and the amount of money i make in a year with those sales exceeds €5000 i own the government 20% of that. So you scalp 2 GPUs and basically all your profit is going to the government. 

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |

8 minutes ago, QuantumSingularity said:

I can't speak about the situation in the US, but here in the EU, 99% of the shortage was thx to the miners. 90% of the cards being sold today are from mining rigs and there are MANY whole mining rigs being sold as well. Scalpers couldn't really make a profit over here, cause depending on the country you are in, they (the government) might want to charge you a profit tax on your scalped GPU which ranges anywhere from 10% to 30%. We don't have the American freedom market. For example if i sell my own old stuff i bought few years back with the paid VAT and the amount of money i make in a year with those sales exceeds €5000 i own the government 20% of that. So you scalp 2 GPUs and basically all your profit is going to the government. 

I was talking about the European market specifically Germany because I'm in Germany right now and been monitoring the market here for quiet some time.