Deleting previous windows install question

GeneralMitch

Hey guys I have a quick question.

I'm installing windows on a new harddrive today and was wondering how I would go about deleting all the previous windows files on the hard drive I was using initially to boot windows, AFTER I already boot into my new windows install, . Will removing the previous windows install cause problems?

Thanks!

If you are talking about the "Windows.old" folder then you can delete it without a problem, but make sure they aren't files you need. It should be full of everything from appdata to personal files on the old install. 

I always try to format the disk before I install a new copy of Windows to avoid any confusion. 

Hope this helps!

Your best bet is to unplug the old HDD until you have Windows installed on the new one.

Once Windows is installed on the new HDD plug in the old one and boot into the BIOS. Then make sure you boot to the correct HDD and once booted into Windows you will see your previous HDD. You can then format it like you would any USB device. This will delete all data on the HDD, so make sure you have saved anything you want.

Format the drive after you have backup all you want to save. Deleting system files can also be done (you may need to boot into safe mode), but that's not really effective and will leave chunks behind.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

if you have not done it already. While on the install window press shift+f10 to open CMD . Then when cmd is open type in diskpart after that  list disk then select the disk you want , then type clean then convert to gpt then type exit enter exit enter and the go about installing windows.

if you already installed windows.
delete the old files will not mess with the new install 

or you can go to cmd and do the diskpart their or disk management to clean the files

i hope i read the question right haha if not my bad