I installed windows on an SSD and want to revert back to my HDD

MzIEn2

I have both an SSD and HDD, the SSD is a lot smaller than the HDD. I installed windows onto my SSD,(it is still installed on my HDD also) I am not very good or knowledgeable on computers. So it was explained to me that, "everything would basically remain the same but my PC would be faster". (I'm aware now, I'm an idiot) Turns out that was not the case, all my settings, browser extensions,  shortcuts, pretty much everything has changed and is basically just a fresh windows installation. Everything is still on my HDD, I haven't lost anything, so that's good. Since my SSD is smaller than my HDD I cant just move everything over, and it seems the benefits of having it installed on my SSD are not really there if everything else is on my HDD. SO I want to revert back to running off my HDD, I went into BIOS and tried to change the boot drive. but appears to not be there or else I'm not seeing it.  

Any help would be very much appreciated, again I'm aware I'm an idiot. Thank you.

Just setup folder redirects. Would probably better then going back to the HDD. All the Windows files on the SSD would still make Windows at least more responsive.

2 minutes ago, Prometheus935 said:

Just setup folder redirects. Would probably better then going back to the HDD. All the Windows files on the SSD would still make Windows at least more responsive.

Can I move my windows files from HDD to my SSD? So I’ll have all my old settings and stuff, like even my anti virus has changed, it’s basically a new PC. All my start up programs, everything is no longer running on start up. I THINK I’ve done what you said, in “change where new content is store”? Or are you talking about something else, apologies if I’m not understanding correctly. 

1 hour ago, MzIEn2 said:

Can I move my windows files from HDD to my SSD? So I’ll have all my old settings and stuff, like even my anti virus has changed, it’s basically a new PC. All my start up programs, everything is no longer running on start up. I THINK I’ve done what you said, in “change where new content is store”? Or are you talking about something else, apologies if I’m not understanding correctly. 

By the sounds of it you haven't duplicated your HDD to your SSD but re-installed Windows from scratch. 

Folder redirect is just where files like your documents and pictures that are baked into Windows are stored elsewhere and the folder is told to look at that new location. Just google how to do it.