Outlook MacBook Air M1 Contacts Issue

Hello everyone,

So, I have quite a particular issue that I haven't been able to find anywhere online for the past few hours. I've tried what I believe to be basically everything, but I haven't been able to find anything that even comes close to resembling my issue, nor do I really know how to explain the issue the correct way, but I'm going to try my best using very nice words and a few pictures. 

So whenever I have the Outlook App open on my MacBook and I try to write an e-mail and search for the contact that I want to write the e-mail to, it doesn't show me a contact at all. I write the first few letters of the specific person, sometimes even the full name/e-mail of the person, but every time it can't find the contact. See in the picture below. Whenever I then press Search Directory it will show the people that have similar or the same e-mail address. But what I don't understand is that when I use the Outlook site through let's say Chrome or Safari it does show the recommended contact. With my girlfriends MacBook it also shows the recommended contact, even in the Outlook app, so I really don't know what to do. I've uninstalled, restarted my MacBook, I've unlinked and relinked my account to Outlook, but nothing seems to work.

So what I want to achieve basically is that it shows the contact right away, instead of me having to press Search Directory, because in the end it just takes a lot longer and it should just work normally.

If anyone has any ideas I would greatly appreciate the help since I'm fully lost at this point. 

Screenshot 2021-06-23 at 20.37.51.png

Screenshot 2021-06-23 at 20.41.53.png