Corsair RM850x 2021 or another PSU?

Trist100

So, i think its about time to replace my like 15 year old PSU, i got some extra cash this month and want to get a decent PSU to last me another while.

I know 850watts might seem overkill, but i might be thinking of upgrading to a newer ryzen platform later on and want to make sure i got lots of headroom.

Best buy has Corsair rm850x's in stock, 179$ CAD. The 2021 versions, and i did some research and they seem pretty damn good and realiable. But i've also been looking at seasonic and they are a bit more expensive. 

Should i stick with the corsair brand? Or shall i go with seasonic or another brand? I live in canada, so i kinda miss out on a lot of certain power supplies and such. 

If Corsair RM-x is cheaper, yeah, sure, go for it. even if they're the same price with Seasonic Focus i'd go with RM-x, it's better. But i also see a Bitfenix Whisper M 850W for 150 CAD at Canada Computers, it's good too, despite it's somewhat wonky external design.

Tag or quote me so i see your reply

13 hours ago, Trist100 said:

i did some research and they seem pretty damn good and realiable. But i've also been looking at seasonic and they are a bit more expensive. 

Considering the Seasonic isn't actually as good, why would you pay more for it?