Recommend me a gaming Monitor based on given requirements

Hello Mates, I am looking for some recommendations from you for my next monitor. I am setting up some requirements so it will be easier for you to recommend.

Usage:

1. Gaming mostly AAA RPG, FPS, RTS, Sports (FIFA), Racing and  very less MOBA

2. Play from my PS4 Pro

3. Watching movies, web series

4. I sit close to the screen, and because of distance and space issues, I need a 24inch or 27inch monitor

Present/Future capabilities:

1. I have a GTX 1060 6GB, I know its not enough for 2K gaming for the latest AAA games, but its acceptable with moderate settings based on some youtube reviews.

2. Also my target GPU GTX 3060 ti is now beyond acceptable price range, but some point of time it might be possible to buy one. Then 2K gaming would be easier

3. May be a PS5 upgrade sooner if the GPU market stays like this.

Feature Requirements:

1. Either 24inch 1080p or 27inch 1440p (but not 27inch FHD) (16:9 not 21:9)

Irrespective of screen size the below features are required:

2. VA or IPS (or OLED if possible in budget), not TN panel ( I dont like the strong Back Light Bleed or the IPS Glow, it should be well contained)
3. 1ms response (low GtG and MPRT values)
4. HDR required and 10bit color

5. High rated sRGB and DCI-P3 at 90% or higher for better HDR experience
6. 2 HDMI (2.0) ports and at least 1 DP ver 1.2
7. Variable Refresh Rate upto 144Hz (min 120Hz)
8. G-sync might not be possible at the price point, but Adaptive-sync or Freesync is acceptable as those are now compatible with GTX 10-series and above.

9. VESA wall mount

Not Important but nice to have:

10. USB ports,

11. Curved screen

12. Might never use but won't complain if there are speakers.

Budget:

1. For the 24inch FHD it is $300 or approx 20000 Indian Rupees

2. For the 27inch QHD it is max $400 or approx 28000 Indian Rupees

Thanks in advance 🙂

I'll just throw in some 27" QHD recommendations to keep this short:

Gigabyte M27Q is considered one of the top 27" QHD screens on a budget, but only 8bit.

LG 27GL850 seems to meet all your requirements, there's a newer version as well LG 27GP850, but that one just got released and is still a little bit more expensive, or the 27GN800, which is a budget option that is slightly worse on color accuracy, but still good for gaming.

All of these are IPS, on VA it's not that easy to get 1ms response times, but most VA panels still perform really well, and if you want curved, you're stuck with VA anyway, there are no curved 27" IPS panels. The Gigabyte G27QC is considered one of the best 27" curved monitors.

I wouldn't care too much about HDR, it doesn't work really well in Windows, I tried it a couple days and it caused many issues for not much of a difference so I keep it off for now.

54 minutes ago, Alvin853 said:

I'll just throw in some 27" QHD recommendations to keep this short:

Gigabyte M27Q is considered one of the top 27" QHD screens on a budget, but only 8bit.

LG 27GL850 seems to meet all your requirements, there's a newer version as well LG 27GP850, but that one just got released and is still a little bit more expensive, or the 27GN800, which is a budget option that is slightly worse on color accuracy, but still good for gaming.

All of these are IPS, on VA it's not that easy to get 1ms response times, but most VA panels still perform really well, and if you want curved, you're stuck with VA anyway, there are no curved 27" IPS panels. The Gigabyte G27QC is considered one of the best 27" curved monitors.

I wouldn't care too much about HDR, it doesn't work really well in Windows, I tried it a couple days and it caused many issues for not much of a difference so I keep it off for now.

Thanks Alvin for the reply and the insights,

1. The GB M27Q is really an awesome monitor IMO but in India it sells for 36.5K INR (approx $490) which is way over my budget. 😞

2. The LG we get 27GL850 instead of 27GP850, the 27GL850 costs the same as above and over my budget, I get the 27GL650F but that is 27inch with FHD, I dont want a 27incher at FHD though, they have one 24 inch with all the features but that is TN panel 24GL650F 😞

3. The GB G27QC is the curved version of the G27Q, I get the G27Q at again the same price, around 35K INR ($480 )

I don't know if all these monitor you get at less than $400 in US, and its around $90 - $100 more here in India. But I can't stretch my budget to that amount atm. I really appreciate your recommendations and thanks for your time.

The problem with the 27inch QHD monitors, when I see one that has everything I want but costs more than my budget then I try to look for its 24inch sibling, but there is none 😞

1 hour ago, Omar.B said:

Thanks Omar for your help, the 27 inch you mentioned is a FHD, we have VG271U (27inch QHD) in India at approx 24.5K INR ($330) is a decent one, I have added it in my Amazon wish-list, waiting for more options further.

@BrutalBubu oh wow, guess prices really are totally different in india, yes all of those I mentioned are around $300 before shipping and taxes in the US (except the 27GP850, as I said that one just got released a few days ago and isn't readily available yet).

HP X27i is one of the cheapest 27" QHD IPS screens around here, but you have to lower your expectations a little with that budget, at least as far as 27" QHD goes.

So here are some 23/24" FHD suggestions instead (10bit, HDR and high color accuracy are not common in this category, so I'll skip those requirements):

Gigabyte G24F (the 24" FHD variant of the M27Q) or MSI Optix G241 (they seem to be almost identical)

LG 24GN600

Acer has various models that only have small differences between them: XF3 XF243YP, VG0 VG240YSbmiipx, XV0 XV240YPbmiiprx

Most, if not all of them are actually 6bit panels with FRC to get 8bit colors, but they still have close to or over 100% sRGB and DCI-P3 ratings, true 8bit IPS panels at that size don't seem to be able to do 144Hz or low response times. VA isn't really common at that size either, at least not with all the requirements and the price range.

5 minutes ago, Alvin853 said:

but you have to lower your expectations a little with that budget, at least as far as 27" QHD goes.

Thanks once more Alvin for coming back. Yes I agree to this, while asking here in the forum, I am continuously doing my own research, and I agree that my budget is tight for the features I am looking for, and If I compromise the screen size (which I will be happy to do) then I don't find the desired features in 24inch category 😞

18 minutes ago, Alvin853 said:

Gigabyte G24F (the 24" FHD variant of the M27Q) or MSI Optix G241 (they seem to be almost identical)

LG 24GN600

The GB G24F seems tempting, added in my wishlist, but not available here, will try to find if I narrowed to this one. Then the MSI Optix MAG241C is a curved VA panel  I found with most features and with decent reviews. The LG ones are TN panels that I found here.

22 minutes ago, Alvin853 said:

Acer has various models that only have small differences between them: XF3 XF243YP, VG0 VG240YSbmiipx, XV0 XV240YPbmiiprx

I found the Acer VG1 series here and as Omar mentioned above this one, I have added the VG271U (27inch QHD) in my list. I will see the XF and XV series if I find those well.

• 3 weeks later...

Couldn't find many options in 24inchers as per my requirements.

In 27 QHD range, I have shortlisted the below 3 pieces:

1. LG 27GL850

2. Asus TUF GAMING VG27AQL1A

3. Gigabyte M27Q

As per Hardware unboxed and RTINGS and other reviews, the LG 27GL850 is the best, but this is a bit costlier.

And I can take my budget for Gigabyte or the Asus one - confused between the two.