Has replied notification wouldn't work if topic/page is left open for long

Browser, version and OS:

Google Chrome  91.0.4472.106 (Official Build) (64-bit) (cohort: Stable)

Steps to reproduce/what were you doing before it happened?

I was AFK and had the topic open in a tab for around an hour, and in the meantime, there was a notification for a new reply on the topic.

What happened?

The "Show Reply" button/the X(close) button wont work, and the whole box would enlarge and decrease in size(check video to see exactly what happens).

What did you expect to happen?

I expected the "Show reply" button to, obviously, show the reply or the X button to close that box

Link to a page where it happened, if applicable: 

No specific page. It just happens on some pages if left open for some time.

Screenshots of the issue, if applicable: 

I have left the page open, untouched, if some more information is required.

On 4/5/2024 at 10:13 PM, LAwLz said:

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

bruh switch to dark mode its at the bottom of this page

VPN Server Guide

Can you open the dev tools (F12) and switch to the console tab, and see if anything has appeared here?

HTTP/2 203

11 minutes ago, colonel_mortis said:

Can you open the dev tools (F12) and switch to the console tab, and see if anything has appeared here?

This is what I see:

image.thumb.png.edd28e00e51c9f1dc8f2a271e4b6d4c1.png

I am getting pretty fucking sick and tired of the "watch something else" responses. It's such a cop out answer because you could say that about basically anything, and it doesn't address the actual complaints. People use it as some kind of card they pull when they can't actually respond to the criticism raised but they still feel like they need to defend some company/person. If you don't like this thread then stop reading it. See how stupid it is? It's basically like telling someone "shut the fuck up". It's not a clever responsive, it doesn't address anything said, and it is rude. 

^

VPN Server Guide

On 6/19/2021 at 3:35 AM, LTTfan2006 said:

This is what I see:

This might help admins out: Can you expand the Object in the Uncaught (in promise) [Object] error by clicking the arrow? This might explain the error.

On 6/19/2021 at 11:35 AM, LTTfan2006 said:

This is what I see:

Can you click on one of the "index.js" ones, and look at the URL that it takes you to? If it starts with chrome-extension:// then this is probably a problem with one of your chrome extensions, but if it's a LTT url then can you paste it here, along with a screenshot with the Object part expanded.

HTTP/2 203

16 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

Can you click on one of the "index.js" ones, and look at the URL that it takes you to? If it starts with chrome-extension:// then this is probably a problem with one of your chrome extensions, but if it's a LTT url then can you paste it here, along with a screenshot with the Object part expanded.

Spoiler

Sorry for the delay. There was another notification that popped up on that page so the page again turned into a working one.

I was desperately trying to open a topic where the (...)has replied notification will arrive and bug out so that I can get a screenshot and send it over here. Fortunately I got one.

So yes, it was in fact a chrome-extension:// page. Clicking on it would bring up a pretty large

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.4576b4fa77d5bab19374743fa5302374.png

code(look at the scroll bar), which was pretty difficult to get to what extension it really was(I never download sketchy extensions). Finally I traced it to the Kaspersky Password Manager Extension.

After disabling that extension, two of the three issues(parts in red, I dont know what they're called) have disappeared, with one left, which looks like this:

image.thumb.png.5f985378523ebea142a84a878794153f.png

With this one, each of the links points to an LTT one:

image.thumb.png.06c8e760901cd13fe2558d88cd18809a.png

This might help.

Also, I found something even more weird. Every time I clicked on "Show Replies", the number of new replies increased by one:

I don't know if this problem is resolved yet.

^

VPN Server Guide

6 hours ago, LTTfan2006 said:

Reveal hidden contents

So yes, it was in fact a chrome-extension:// page. Clicking on it would bring up a pretty large

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.4576b4fa77d5bab19374743fa5302374.png

code(look at the scroll bar), which was pretty difficult to get to what extension it really was(I never download sketchy extensions). Finally I traced it to the Kaspersky Password Manager Extension.

After disabling that extension, two of the three issues(parts in red, I dont know what they're called) have disappeared, with one left, which looks like this:

image.thumb.png.5f985378523ebea142a84a878794153f.png

With this one, each of the links points to an LTT one:

image.thumb.png.06c8e760901cd13fe2558d88cd18809a.png

This might help.

That last error is to do with the editor, I think from inserting a file into the editor (eg drag and drop or pasting an image), so it's weird that it would have anything to do with adding new posts to the page.

6 hours ago, LTTfan2006 said:

Also, I found something even more weird. Every time I clicked on "Show Replies", the number of new replies increased by one:

I don't know if this problem is resolved yet.

That's really odd, when there are multiple new replies in a row it searches for an existing "new replies" message and just updates it if so. That makes me think that there's still something interfering with the page, though that is a really weird way for it to interfere. Can you try using incognito (and making sure no extensions, including any adblockers, are running in incognito - there's an option in settings for each extension) and see if it still happens?

HTTP/2 203

6 hours ago, colonel_mortis said:

That last error is to do with the editor, I think from inserting a file into the editor (eg drag and drop or pasting an image), so it's weird that it would have anything to do with adding new posts to the page.

That's really odd, when there are multiple new replies in a row it searches for an existing "new replies" message and just updates it if so. That makes me think that there's still something interfering with the page, though that is a really weird way for it to interfere. Can you try using incognito (and making sure no extensions, including any adblockers, are running in incognito - there's an option in settings for each extension) and see if it still happens?

Okay, sure, will try in incognito. Will update you in about a day or two.

Also, it just happened again with your post(this is after disabling the Extension):

So I am pretty sure that the Kaspersky thing wasn't causing the problem.

^

VPN Server Guide

Hi again. Was tied up with some other work so didn’t get time to update. 

I have been using the forum in incognito mode, and I never encountered that problem. Probably a problem with one of my extensions as you say.

Will try to use the forum in incognito for some more time just to be sure that it wasn’t one of my extensions doing crap.

^

VPN Server Guide