Work/Play Laptop Recommendation

Looking for suggestions on a good laptop for work and gaming. I mostly play Path of Exile but sprinkle in some other games periodically. I'd like to keep it under $2000 US but can go a bit over if necessary. I'd like the laptop to not scream GAMING LAPTOP and a touchscreen would be a huge plus but not a requirement. 

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. 

Zephyrus G15 or G14 are both great options if you don't need a touch screen or webcam, very powerful and subdued aesthetics for under $2k for most SKUs. 

45 minutes ago, Sushibagel said:

Looking for suggestions on a good laptop for work and gaming. I mostly play Path of Exile but sprinkle in some other games periodically. I'd like to keep it under $2000 US but can go a bit over if necessary. I'd like the laptop to not scream GAMING LAPTOP and a touchscreen would be a huge plus but not a requirement. 

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. 

Thinkpad T15G, best of both worlds, with an RTX 2070 maxq and i7 10850H, while being in a thinkpad type chassis and also having an RGB keyboard and stuff like that

Not sure if theres a touchscreen option, but theyre 1800$ for a 1080p model with those specs and 16gb of ram which is upgradable.

Basically you have a thinkpad, a formal looking machine, with the specs for decent gaming.

https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-t-series/ThinkPad-T15g/p/WMD00000430

37 minutes ago, RONOTHAN## said:

Zephyrus G15 or G14 are both great options if you don't need a touch screen or webcam, very powerful and subdued aesthetics for under $2k for most SKUs. 

Thank you. Great looking machines for the price. Do you have actual experience with either of them? My current laptop has a touchscreen so which I use probably daily but mostly because the touch pad sucks, would you say the touch pad has decent performance? 

6 minutes ago, 8tg said:

Thinkpad T15G, best of both worlds, with an RTX 2070 maxq and i7 10850H, while being in a thinkpad type chassis and also having an RGB keyboard and stuff like that

Not sure if theres a touchscreen option, but theyre 1800$ for a 1080p model with those specs and 16gb of ram which is upgradable.

Basically you have a thinkpad, a formal looking machine, with the specs for decent gaming.

https://www.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/thinkpad/thinkpad-t-series/ThinkPad-T15g/p/WMD00000430

That's quite a sleeper machine thanks. It's funny to see a laptop that still uses the eraser head mouse. Although those are often better than some touch pads, my current laptop included. 

its 2200$ right now for this model of T15g, 4k display, 32gb of ram and a 2080 if you wanted to go over 2k

ythinkpad.png.bb050d19a88a657228da18881259a7de.png

4 minutes ago, Sushibagel said:

Thank you. Great looking machines for the price. Do you have actual experience with either of them? My current laptop has a touchscreen so which I use probably daily but mostly because the touch pad sucks, would you say the touch pad has decent performance? 

My friend has a last gen G14, which is nearly identical with slightly older internals. Build quality is excellent, the trackpad was pretty good from what I remember, and the keyboard also felt pretty good. If I could have justified the cost to upgrade mine, it was the laptop I would have bought.