PSU recommendation - 4770k + RX580 Nitro+ LE

peterpepo

Hello everyone,

my brothers gaming machine psu blew up yesterday.

Please can you recommend a psu for i7-4770k (running turbo in load, no additional overclock) + RX580 Nitro+ LE (https://www.sapphiretech.com/en/consumer/nitro-rx-580-8g-g5-le_c).

There is couple of non powerhungry components: 2xDDR3 sticks, 2x140mm fan, 2x120mm fan, couple led strips, 2xHDD, 1xSata SSD.

GPU Manufacturer recommends 500W+ psu.

I've been looking on 650W and 750W models. Spending couple € more isn't a problem, on the other hand I don't want to be wasteful. There are no future upgrades planned for this already old machine.

At the same time, I don't want to push it to the limit and rather would have some headroom.

Thanks 🙂

Is the enermax revolution D.F. available? Then you have a psu for the next 10 years :p.

24 minutes ago, peterpepo said:

Hello everyone,

my brothers gaming machine psu blew up yesterday.

Please can you recommend a psu for i7-4770k (running turbo in load, no additional overclock) + RX580 Nitro+ LE (https://www.sapphiretech.com/en/consumer/nitro-rx-580-8g-g5-le_c).

There is couple of non powerhungry components: 2xDDR3 sticks, 2x140mm fan, 2x120mm fan, couple led strips, 2xHDD, 1xSata SSD.

GPU Manufacturer recommends 500W+ psu.

I've been looking on 650W and 750W models. Spending couple € more isn't a problem, on the other hand I don't want to be wasteful. There are no future upgrades planned for this already old machine.

At the same time, I don't want to push it to the limit and rather would have some headroom.

Thanks 🙂

country?

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

You could run this system off a 450 watt PSU if you want, and still have headroom. It would likely consume about 350 watts under load.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

47 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Is the enermax revolution D.F. available? Then you have a psu for the next 10 years :p.

unfortunately not

32 minutes ago, Downkey said:

country?

Slovakia

27 minutes ago, Fasauceome said:

You could run this system off a 450 watt PSU if you want, and still have headroom. It would likely consume about 350 watts under load.

So, are you saying, that 650W is perfectly fine? I really don't want to push the luck and go below manufacturers recommendation 500W. From what I understood, even that RX580 is overclocked and has higher tdp than stock card.

Brands available: Evga, Corsair, Seasonic, Fortron, Evolveo, Silverstone, Asus, Bitfeenix, CM, Cougar, FractalDesign, Gigabyte, Zalman, SilentiumPC.

From the offer, I like Corsair RMx(2018), Seasonic Focus GX gold, maybe there are other hidden gems :)

I'm trying to solve the wattage. 550/650/750 - with no upgrade plans, but good sleep, that I'm not pushing it to absolute limit.

9 minutes ago, peterpepo said:

unfortunately not

Slovakia

So, are you saying, that 650W is perfectly fine? I really don't want to push the luck and go below manufacturers recommendation 500W. From what I understood, even that RX580 is overclocked and has higher tdp than stock card.

Brands available: Evga, Corsair, Seasonic, Fortron, Evolveo, Silverstone, Asus, Bitfeenix, CM, Cougar, FractalDesign, Gigabyte, Zalman, SilentiumPC.

From the offer, I like Corsair RMx(2018), Seasonic Focus GX gold, maybe there are other hidden gems 🙂

I'm trying to solve the wattage. 550/650/750 - with no upgrade plans, but good sleep, that I'm not pushing it to absolute limit.

Get the rmx and maybe the 650ww that should allow an upgrade to even a 3070 series class card or rx 6700 class card in the future. That and it is a great unit.

31 minutes ago, peterpepo said:

550 watt PSU will give you a ton of extra watts to work with. You wouldn't be pushing the limit so you could spend the money on a quality unit. The ones you mentioned, focus GX and RMX, are both good choices.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Seasonic Focus GX650 Gold or Corsair RM650x (2018)? They cost the same.

From differences what I've found:

Focus GX650: 120mm fan, fluid bearing, no inline capacitors

RM650x: 140mm fan (theoretically quieter), no fluid bearing, short cables with bulky inline caps.