Looking for an 800w+ good+quiet SFX/SFXL psu

Nirurin

System this will be for:

O11 Mini

5950x

2070 super (not sli, just multi-card rendering)

I've considered running two psu's, but that's kind of a faff and I'd rather avoid it. 

Corsair SF750 gets recommended a fair bit, but I have concerns I'll be running it close to its limits.

Silverstone 800W is currently very expensive

Silverstone 100W is the same price as the 800W, but the reviews for it seem to be a bit iffy (lots of noise complaints it seems)

There's also a 'great wall' titan 850W card around, but ... I have concerns lol. 

Alternative is to just get a bigger case, and run a normal ATX psu in there. But where's the fun in that?

1 hour ago, Nirurin said:

Corsair SF750 gets recommended a fair bit, but I have concerns I'll be running it close to its limits.

And for that build it would be plenty. 

None of those parts are perticular power hogs. 

Edit: its not like there are much better SFX PSUs to choose from. 

18 hours ago, GoldenLag said:

None of those parts are perticular power hogs. 

Edit: its not like there are much better SFX PSUs to choose from. 

The Silverstone sx1000 seems to be a 'competitor' for it, and there's now a new revision (apparently, so I've been told elsewhere) that fixed the fan noise issue. Of course without reviews on it it's hard to be sure. I can't find a single review that goes into the actual performance of the components, even though it -does- appear on the psu tier list so someone must have done the testing somewhere. 

1 hour ago, Nirurin said:

The Silverstone sx1000 seems to be a 'competitor' for it, and there's now a new revision (apparently, so I've been told elsewhere) that fixed the fan noise issue. Of course without reviews on it it's hard to be sure. I can't find a single review that goes into the actual performance of the components, even though it -does- appear on the psu tier list so someone must have done the testing somewhere. 

i mean, as far as im aware, the Corsair SF platinum is better than the silverstone SX. The SX has powerdensity going for it, but its not like you need nore power than what the SF750 provides. 

7 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

i mean, as far as im aware, the Corsair SF platinum is better than the silverstone SX. The SX has powerdensity going for it, but its not like you need nore power than what the SF750 provides. 

I've now plugged in my new power meter, and done some renders (using both GPUs and the CPU, for worst-case) and it draws 680w at the wall. 

So the 750 would be sufficient, assuming no transient spikes and such. But it'll be running at 95%, which I'm not sure how concerned I should be by that. 

However as the silverstone is £200 (if in stock, which it isnt) from retailers, or £350 from scalpers, I could just get two smaller PSUs instead. I could get a 750w and a 600w for less money. Not sure how many disadvantages that comes with, but still. It's a thought. 

1 minute ago, Nirurin said:

I've now plugged in my new power meter, and done some renders (using both GPUs and the CPU, for worst-case) and it draws 680w at the wall.

keep in mind that you also have losses in the PSU. 

as such thats more like 550-600w at the PSU

1 minute ago, GoldenLag said:

keep in mind that you also have losses in the PSU. 

as such thats more like 550-600w at the PSU

Have to admit I've never really taken that into account... I assume I'd take off 10% ish (as platinum is about 90% efficient I believe, at best anyway so its probably more than 10%) so yeh I guess it would be more like 600W. Hmm...

14 minutes ago, Nirurin said:

Have to admit I've never really taken that into account... I assume I'd take off 10% ish (as platinum is about 90% efficient I believe, at best anyway so its probably more than 10%) so yeh I guess it would be more like 600W. Hmm...

Like i said:

19 hours ago, GoldenLag said: