Apu with gpu

pichumani

Hi folks, 

I'm here in a dilemma....4650g or 3600!

The doubt I have is.....if we add gpu(2gb) with apu(2gb)... Does it utilize both?

Will there be any bottlenecks?

If you add a dGPU to an APU system, the onboard video will usually be disabled. And if not, it will not be used,

unless you keep your monitor plugged into the ports on your motherboard instead of your dGPU.

There will be no bottlenecks to speak of. The 4650G and 3600 are very similar, CPU wise.

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

9 minutes ago, pichumani said:

Hi folks, 

I'm here in a dilemma....4650g or 3600!

The doubt I have is.....if we add gpu(2gb) with apu(2gb)... Does it utilize both?

Will there be any bottlenecks?

What gpu of today even has 2gb?

The integrated graphics will normally be disabled the moment you add a gpu. They also do not work together.

2 minutes ago, jaslion said:

GT1010/GT1030 😄

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

3 minutes ago, jaslion said:

The integrated graphics will normally be disabled the moment you add a gpu. They also do not work together.

Not new one....old one 660ti or 970 if available in india

1 minute ago, NelizMastr said:

GT1010/GT1030 😄

Oh right those still exist. I forgot about that :p. A 1010 is worse than the igpu of the 4650g but the 1030 is about 35% better it seems. Still poor upgrade if you want to game on it :p.

1 minute ago, pichumani said:

Not new one....old one 660ti or 970 if available in india

Don't get the 660ti it is very weak by now. The 970 is still ok.

1 hour ago, jaslion said:

Don't get the 660ti it is very weak by now. The 970 is still ok.

Not to mention that the driver support for the 660Ti will end in august of this year. A year from now, the support will be poor enough for the iGPU to perform better, I reckon.

4 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Not to mention that the driver support for the 660Ti will end in august of this year. A year from now, the support will be poor enough for the iGPU to perform better, I reckon.

It will be on the long term support track till mid 2024 but that basically means:

Does it work in windows? Yes. Ok leave it be. No? Do the bare minimum to make it display again.

8 minutes ago, jaslion said:

It will be on the long term support track till mid 2024 but that basically means:

Does it work in windows? Yes. Ok leave it be. No? Do the bare minimum to make it display again.

Yep, mostly security fixes, but no more optimization. Still not bad for a 9 year old architecture.

11 minutes ago, NelizMastr said:

Yep, mostly security fixes, but no more optimization. Still not bad for a 9 year old architecture.

Not bad at all the 500 series got ditched a lot sooner :p. Still a little distasteful since nobody can get cards but then again it is Nvidia.

-> Moved to Graphics Cards

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv