PC Build with 6900XT

Budget (including currency): 1000 € (GPU excluded)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: From light to AAA games, maybe streaming as well

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

Upgrading from:

Ryzen 3600 

Sapphire Pulse 5700xt

16GB g.skill trident z rgb 3200mhz cl16

B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC

Sabrent 1tb NVME

Corsair TX650

I’ll play on a 3440x1440 144hz freesync monitor at maximum resolution/fps

I’ve managed to buy a reference AMD 6900XT and got interested in Mini ITX cases.

I was choosing between the Lian Li Dynamic O11 Mini and the SSUPD MESHLICIOUS and the last one is the one i’ll probably choose but the problem now is the PSU wattage.. some people say a 1200w psu can encounter pc reboots and gpu crashes, other are fine with the same gpu and a ryzen 5950x with a 650w PSU.

I’d buy the Corsair SF750 80+ Platinum because it has the highest wattage i can find in amazon, the next step would be a 1200w ROG STRIX psu which is too expensive for me. 
i know i could fit an ATX psu in the meshlicious case but as far as i know people don’t recommend it at all.

I’d put a B550, Ryzen 5600/5800x, Kraken x53 rgb, Reference AMD 6900xt, 1 nvme m.2 ssd (sabrent), 1 ssd (kingston) and the Corsair SF750w

Any suggestion on what to do with the PSU?

Is it enough or will it crash 24/7?

I don't frequent this forum but it bothered me that no one replied. 😛

I am also building a mini ITX with 6900XT reference, and a 5950X. I plan on using the SF750 to power it. Definitely, do not go lower than 750W.

The wattage of the PSU is only one factor; if we are looking at watts alone, 750W is more than enough for what you have described and then some. Depending on how you run your system, there may be some efficiency to be gained with higher wattage, for example if your system is on 24/7 you may get a better efficiency curve with 850W or 1000W. But I think the curve is still pretty good at 750W especially with it being Platinum rated.

From what I have read the SF750 does a good job of handling transient spikes between 800-900W. That doesn't mean sustained load, but it won't shut down or trigger overcurrent protection (OCP).

Some SFX PSUs like the Silverstone SX800-LTI have problems with this, so again wattage isn't everything.

Cooler Master makes a SFX 850W, and now EVGA does as well. The CM had fan issues in the first batch, the EVGA one is new so the jury is still out. Both are Gold rated.

Lastly ATX might not be a good idea but look into SFX-L compatibility with those cases. SFX-L is smaller but can still use 120mm fans and you have a lot more options for vendors, wattage etc.

Go to SFX PSU section, And find out what the best for you, Also if you're planning to build a sff machine with power hungry machine you might wanted to overspec it a bit. But 750 will just work fine af...

Hello there... I'm both speedrunner and tech nerd. But not professional...

steam pcpartpicker.com speedrun.com

18 hours ago, pupsader said:

I don't frequent this forum but it bothered me that no one replied. 😛

I am also building a mini ITX with 6900XT reference, and a 5950X. I plan on using the SF750 to power it. Definitely, do not go lower than 750W.

The wattage of the PSU is only one factor; if we are looking at watts alone, 750W is more than enough for what you have described and then some. Depending on how you run your system, there may be some efficiency to be gained with higher wattage, for example if your system is on 24/7 you may get a better efficiency curve with 850W or 1000W. But I think the curve is still pretty good at 750W especially with it being Platinum rated.

From what I have read the SF750 does a good job of handling transient spikes between 800-900W. That doesn't mean sustained load, but it won't shut down or trigger overcurrent protection (OCP).

Some SFX PSUs like the Silverstone SX800-LTI have problems with this, so again wattage isn't everything.

Cooler Master makes a SFX 850W, and now EVGA does as well. The CM had fan issues in the first batch, the EVGA one is new so the jury is still out. Both are Gold rated.

Lastly ATX might not be a good idea but look into SFX-L compatibility with those cases. SFX-L is smaller but can still use 120mm fans and you have a lot more options for vendors, wattage etc.

Thanks a lot man!

Yea no answers on this thread 😞

Btw thanks a lot, i’ve read good reviews on the Corsair SF750 but finding the CM850 made me think on buying that instead.

I was afraid of high wattage spikes from the 6900xt and read a lot of people having crashes or system shut down with lower than 1000w PSUs.

I’m definitely going for the corsair, will send it back to amazon in case it doesnt handle my system well and will swap with a 1000w ATX PSU

18 hours ago, XnonXte said:

Go to SFX PSU section, And find out what the best for you, Also if you're planning to build a sff machine with power hungry machine you might wanted to overspec it a bit. But 750 will just work fine af...

I’ve already read it, that’s why i’m going for the SF750