Deepcool Castle 360EX Troubleshooting

Hi guys, new to posting on Forums but I've been PC building for years, probably about 12 systems total between work, friends, and for myself since 2016. I recently bought a deepcool Castle 360ex on Facebook Marketplace. The pump is not sending water through the loop I am 90% certain. I had a 120mm aio in here before on the same header (I also tried another anyway no change) I turn it on and go to bios so I can look at temps. It goes from 57 down to 54 if I've let it rest enough to cool, and then once the metal is heated it starts going up quickly reaching into 90C and the first time when I checked after not going to bios it was 113 and shut off as I opened ryzen master. Do you guys think he sold me a bad AIO, was it damaged in shipping, or am I missing something? He's been a very nice guy throughout and says he tested it and it worked. I know it is making good contact with the CPU because of the cooling for the first 30 seconds and how the thumbscrews and plate that mounts to the backplate get hot as well. All fans are spinning, all panels off as well so it isn't bad airflow. I tried SYS_FAN6_Pump (what my last AIO was connected to, it was a prebuilt I bought for the gpu) and CPU_OPT (what some guy in a video said to use if it was closer than pump header) it's just a ryzen 5600x so it shouldn't be hard to cool. My main question is, is the only thing needed to power this pump the one cable to the pump header? I just want to make sure I'm not missing something, the videos I've watched don't mention anything like that. Also worth noting I have not been able to get the RGB to work on the pump or my front fans since I did this. I will have to watch a video on how to get these phanteks case fans working properly. If you have anything I can try in regards to the pump let me know, thanks! 

On 6/13/2021 at 10:22 AM, Billy_Roddy said:

Hi guys, new to posting on Forums but I've been PC building for years, probably about 12 systems total between work, friends, and for myself since 2016. I recently bought a deepcool Castle 360ex on Facebook Marketplace. The pump is not sending water through the loop I am 90% certain. I had a 120mm aio in here before on the same header (I also tried another anyway no change) I turn it on and go to bios so I can look at temps. It goes from 57 down to 54 if I've let it rest enough to cool, and then once the metal is heated it starts going up quickly reaching into 90C and the first time when I checked after not going to bios it was 113 and shut off as I opened ryzen master. Do you guys think he sold me a bad AIO, was it damaged in shipping, or am I missing something? He's been a very nice guy throughout and says he tested it and it worked. I know it is making good contact with the CPU because of the cooling for the first 30 seconds and how the thumbscrews and plate that mounts to the backplate get hot as well. All fans are spinning, all panels off as well so it isn't bad airflow. I tried SYS_FAN6_Pump (what my last AIO was connected to, it was a prebuilt I bought for the gpu) and CPU_OPT (what some guy in a video said to use if it was closer than pump header) it's just a ryzen 5600x so it shouldn't be hard to cool. My main question is, is the only thing needed to power this pump the one cable to the pump header? I just want to make sure I'm not missing something, the videos I've watched don't mention anything like that. Also worth noting I have not been able to get the RGB to work on the pump or my front fans since I did this. I will have to watch a video on how to get these phanteks case fans working properly. If you have anything I can try in regards to the pump let me know, thanks! 

Hello Billy,

A quick thing to check if you are not sure if the liquid is not circulating is to check for the RPM reading for the fan header you plugged the pump into. You should be seeing 2550 RPM±10%. Technically, you can plug the 3 pin power connector from the pump in any fan header since it isn't PWM enabled. The fans should be plugged into the CPU_Fan header though. There is always the chance you were sold a defective unit on the second hand market as well. If you need a little more in depth troubleshooting, you can contact our support team by placing a ticket at https://www.deepcool.com/support/index_ticket.shtml

DeepCool Support