Safe to plug in USB speakers into motherboard

Sir_Doge

Is it safe to power usb speakers from motherboard USB 3.0 ports? The speakers are basic 2.0 speakers from AliExpress.

15 minutes ago, Sir_Doge said:

Is it safe to power usb speakers from motherboard USB 3.0 ports? The speakers are basic 2.0 speakers from AliExpress.

Should be fine. If they are USB speakers then should work. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Just now, Analog said:

Should be fine. If they are USB speakers then should work. 

I mean if the speaker shorts out can it damage the motherboard?

5 minutes ago, Sir_Doge said:

I mean if the speaker shorts out can it damage the motherboard?

If the speakers short out they will most likely damage the particular USB port where they are plugged in. So yes, technically speaking the motherboard can get damaged. However, why do you believe that the speakers will short out. If they work fine now and you are not manhandling them like crazy or messing with the circuitry inside of them there really isn't a reason for them to do so.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

3 minutes ago, Analog said:

If the speakers short out they will most likely damage the particular USB port where they are plugged in. So yes, technically speaking the motherboard can get damaged. However, why do you believe that the speakers will short out. If they work fine now and you are not manhandling them like crazy or messing with the circuitry inside of them there really isn't a reason for them to do so.

Cause they are cheap af.

Anyways I am thinking of using a usb charging brick to power it as they are also same size usb port, Usb A I guess. Better not to damage my $200 mobo just in case.