Need help deciding if prebuilt is worth the money

I have been wanting to get into PC gaming for a while, but I have not had the means to do so until now. Of course the time where I finally can build a PC, it is almost impossible to. Because of insane prices of parts, I have decided to buy a prebuilt.

After doing a decent amount of research, I have decided that this may fit my needs. 

https://www.newegg.com/abs-ala247/p/N82E16883360151?item=N82E16883360151

I have pretty much decided that I am going to buy this, but I thought I should get other opinions on if it is worth it. 

FYI, my budget is $800-$1100 and I would like to play most new games at 1080p and get good frame rates.

Ps: If you have any other recommendations on prebuilts that I should purchase, I would greatly appreciate it.

3 minutes ago, TFizz18 said:

After doing a decent amount of research, I have decided that this may fit my needs. 

https://www.newegg.com/abs-ala247/p/N82E16883360151?item=N82E16883360151

Honestly thats kinda to be expected out of a 1000$ prebuilt... In 2019. Itll be decent spec wise, just not latest at all. But atleast because its a system integrator you can pretty much treat it like a normal PC, upgrading down the line should be the same as building it yourself (i would immediately upgrade that junker tier case and PSU) and that GPU is worth 1000$ on its own lonesome in scalping market anyway.

Press quote to get a response from someone! | Check people's edited posts! | Be specific! | Trans Rights

I am human. I'm scared of the dark, and I get toothaches. My name is Frill. Don't pretend not to see me. I was born from the two of you.

Hardware is a somewhat outdated, motherboard is mediocre and PSU is very generic, but honestly you could do way worse for the price in this current market. If you need a PC in the next 3-6 months, go for it. If you're willing to wait until prices (hopefully) settle down, you might be able to get a bit more for your money. Upgrade path on it wouldn't be terrible, either. Motherboard and PSU will probably need a change when you upgrade CPU, but at least it's all off-the-shelf components and not proprietary OEM crap.

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

21 minutes ago, SorryClaire said:

Honestly thats kinda to be expected out of a 1000$ prebuilt... In 2019. Itll be decent spec wise, just not latest at all. But atleast because its a system integrator you can pretty much treat it like a normal PC, upgrading down the line should be the same as building it yourself (i would immediately upgrade that junker tier case and PSU) and that GPU is worth 1000$ on its own lonesome in scalping market anyway.

So would you recommend buying it even though it is outdated, or is there something else you would recommend more? I greatly appreciate the help.

25 minutes ago, bellabichon said:

Hardware is a somewhat outdated, motherboard is mediocre and PSU is very generic, but honestly you could do way worse for the price in this current market. If you need a PC in the next 3-6 months, go for it. If you're willing to wait until prices (hopefully) settle down, you might be able to get a bit more for your money. Upgrade path on it wouldn't be terrible, either. Motherboard and PSU will probably need a change when you upgrade CPU, but at least it's all off-the-shelf components and not proprietary OEM crap.

So would it be a good purchase for my needs or is there something else that you would recommend me buying?

5 hours ago, TFizz18 said:

So would it be a good purchase for my needs or is there something else that you would recommend me buying?

Like I said, if you want to play games at 1080p with decent frames ASAP, go for it. But if you're willing to wait until GPU availability becomes less insane, you'll be able to get something a little more next-gen. 

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)