CPU pin help

I feel like if you don't trust yourself to "fix" the pin, I'd just get a sound card and call it a day.

GAMING RIG:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5800X3D

MOBO: ASUS TUF Gaming X570 PLUS (Wi-Fi)

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 3600MHz

GPU: PowerColor Fighter RX 6700 XT

STORAGE: 500GB Crucial MX500 M.2 (Boot Drive) / 500GB Crucial SATA / 1TB WD HDD

CASE: Dimas Tech EasyBench V3.0

VR RIG:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5700x

MOBO: MSI B550 Gaming GEN3

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 3600MHz

GPU: Zotac AMP! 2080 Super

STORAGE: 250GB ADATA SSD / 500GB WD Blue SSD / 1TB WD Blue HD

6 hours ago, Jaman34500 said:

Thanks but like I’ve metioned would it work if I plopped a pin in the socket where the pin would normally be in would it still work?

A few, myself included have already said the chip itself WILL work, you just won't have onboard audio "As Is".

You can place a pin in the socket if you want to try it but I would also expect issues (No guarantees) since it would be a loose/poor connection.
It could work fine or have weird noises, audio clipping (Cutting in and out?) from the onboard audio....
I mean expect things to not be 100% but you can still try it and see if you really want to.
A simple strand of copper wire of the right size, cut to proper length and inserted into the socket is all you need.

Gluing the pin back in place probrably won't work since the glue would act as an insulator, being it would have to be between the pin and spot on the chip just to hold and glue in general isn't conductive. There may be some glues you could use that's conductive (I'm not aware of any that are TBH) but it's just less of a headache to just find a cheap sound card and do it that way.

Sound cards tend to sound better than onboard audio anyway as I know from experience.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.

Glad to help and let us know how things turn out.

"If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first"..... Nirvana
"Whadda ya mean I ain't kind? Just not your kind"..... Megadeth
Speaking of things being "All Inclusive", Hell itself is too.