How do you manage your cables around the house?

Won't really work plus we're renting so can't really do any permanent things to the house

Then there is no hope for you at the moment. You could try teaching them about the wifi so they would use it. -_- You could also open the router and bend the ethernet pins inside the router and then screw it back up and say nothing :ph34r:  and see if they would use the wifi......hehehe.... :)

A water-cooled mid-tier gaming PC.

I built a desk that has a thin piece of board on the back that hides all the wires 

Linux "nerd".  If I helped you please like my post and maybe add me as a friend :)  ^_^!

Yeah its pretty bad but I don't manage my cables, I let them sit where they sit

Main PC: CPU: i7-4770k RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX Blu SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB HDD: 1TB WD Blue GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 770 2GB PSU: Corsair CX600M Case: Bitfenix Shinobi OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit

Laptop: ASUS N56VJ

I live in a house with a bunch of wifi noobs and I have to run an ethernet cable about 15 meters because the router has to stay in the middle of the house -.-

anyway their condition is it has to look neat. I'm thinking of running it along the bottom of the walls and using a mat to cover it across a hallway.

I have a website that looks good but its expensive Hyda. Something like $40 for 3 meters.

I live in Australia so places close to there preferably.

Wouldn't be hard to make but wouldn't look as good.

Anyway any suggestions guys?

thanks

Set up their wireless for them and then be done with it.

Desktop: Intel Core i7-6700K, ASUS Z170-A, ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 Ti, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB Samsund 840 Pro, Seasonic X series 650W PSU, Fractal Design Define R4, 2x5TB HDD

Hypervisor 1: Intel Xeon E5-2630L, ASRock EPC612D8, 16GB DDR4 ECC RAM, Intel RT3WB080 8-port RAID controller plus expansion card, Norco RPC-4020 case, 20x2TB WD Red HDD

Other spare hypervisors: Dell Poweredge 2950, HP Proliant DL380 G5

Laptops: ThinkPads, lots of ThinkPads

Hide them behind large, opaque, ideally wooden objects, it would seem. Or under carpets. That works too.

Is not allowed in Australia if I'm not mistaken.

Pfft, it's only running data. I don't see why not. I ran it myself no big deal.

I don't.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ raise your dongers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

It feels as though no games ever leave the BETA stage anymore, until about 3 years after it officially releases. - Shd0w2 2014

I have a similar case, I have my router and things on the ground floor of my house but of course the computers are upstairs. I went with the powerline plug thing option, it seems to work alright. Sure I don't get the absolute maximum speeds but it does solve the hassle of trying to drill holes through the ceiling and floor. I can still game quite well and really for the cost and ease it is really the most simple.

I have in the past had cable run and then I had it nailed down with those cable hooks, take your time when doing that as you can still make it look ugly if you try and rush it. other options might be a very low gauge conduit you can get the square type with a top that clips off, get a few metres of that and you are golden.

http://www.screwfix.com/p/self-adhesive-mini-trunking-16mm-x-16mm-x-3m-60m-pack-of-20/48844

you can get smaller but meh I am too lazy to look.

Also ask the home owner before doing any modifications they can sometimes be a bit funny about these things.

Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate Wants you! Join now!

UOLTT Basop | Misc Freelancer & Origin M50

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

-Groucho Marx

Most cables are loosely all over the place, though I route the cables that could interfere with doors, with some tape (our house is for rent, so we can't permanently change anything)

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Your meant to have a 'qualified' electrician, but i have know people who have done it themselves...house i live in may or may not have them.... ;)

The reason why its been banned is that there have been cases of dodgy wiring sending power surges to the telephone exchange causing lots of damage and injuring people there.