Help me

Tatrik

Hello guys i have a really bad computer that barely runs gta 5 on medium setting and i want to upgrade BIG like to a 3060 ti BUT i dont trust myself in building a computer and while the gpu prices are really high im looking to buy a prebuilt i have found one that i want and i would be really happy if some of you guys could look though it here is the link>https://www.power.se/datorer/datorer/stationar-dator/medion-erazer-engineer-p10-i5-stationar-dator/p-1174048/ i think its pretty good

The pics don't show you much, the airflow looks pretty bad and they make no mention of what actual parts are used for the power supply and motherboard which can have a huge effect on the longevity of the system.

If you can, contact them and find out the *specific* model of the motherboard, power supply and see if you can get some better pics

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

You should really save up a bit more and get something like this:
https://www.power.se/datorer/datorer/stationar-dator/hp-omen-25l-gt11-1426no-stationar-dator/p-1164775/

The CPU upgrade is well worth it and you can fit all of those components in a better case later on down the line if you want.

My guess is that you will wanna fix the thermal solution too - airflow in 99% of prebuilt cases is shit, get a new CPU heatsink and a couple of fans - maybe "mod" the case with a dremmel and open a nice airway at the front LOL.

Heres a nice summary: https://www.reviewed.com/laptops/content/hp-omen-25l-2021-review

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

47 minutes ago, Xaring said:

My guess is that you will wanna fix the thermal solution too - airflow in 99% of prebuilt cases is shit, get a new CPU heatsink and a couple of fans - maybe "mod" the case with a dremmel and open a nice airway at the front LOL.

From what I've heard Omen's are one of the better airflow cases when it comes to prebuilts (not like there is strong competition) and with a 65W TDP cpu, they should be fine, probably worth upgrading if they get a higher TDP cpu though.

The airflow looks horrendous and many parts aren’t specified. Avoid this.

geometry is hard
b550 > x570

On 6/10/2021 at 11:42 AM, Radium_Angel said:

The pics don't show you much, the airflow looks pretty bad and they make no mention of what actual parts are used for the power supply and motherboard which can have a huge effect on the longevity of the system.

If you can, contact them and find out the *specific* model of the motherboard, power supply and see if you can get some better pics

I asked for more info and they sent back a list.

Design x31 Erazer

Brand MEDION

CPU Intel Core i5 - 10400F

Motherboard B460H4-EM

Sound 6-channel-Audio on board

Memory ddr4 ram 16384 MB 3200 Mhz 2x8

Graphic nVidia Geforce RTX3060TI - 8gb Gddr6

HDD2 512 gb m.2 PCIe SSD

Operating Software Windows 10 home

Power 650W 80 plus bronze

21 hours ago, Downkey said:

The airflow looks horrendous and many parts aren’t specified. Avoid this.

Design x31 Erazer

Brand MEDION

Motherboard B460H4-EM

HDD2 512 gb m.2 PCIe SSD

On 6/10/2021 at 11:56 AM, Xaring said:

You should really save up a bit more and get something like this:
https://www.power.se/datorer/datorer/stationar-dator/hp-omen-25l-gt11-1426no-stationar-dator/p-1164775/

The CPU upgrade is well worth it and you can fit all of those components in a better case later on down the line if you want.

Heres a nice summary: https://www.reviewed.com/laptops/content/hp-omen-25l-2021-review

Design x31 Erazer

Brand MEDION

Motherboard B460H4-EM

HDD2 512 gb m.2 PCIe SSD

2 minutes ago, Tatrik said:

Motherboard B460H4-EM

Can't find that mobo online, probaby a re-brand of something OEM.

2 minutes ago, Tatrik said:

They still aren't telling you anything. That power supply is just begging for trouble, I'd skip this

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

3 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

They still aren't telling you anything. That power supply is just begging for trouble, I'd skip this

do you think this is better https://www.power.se/datorer/datorer/stationar-dator/hp-omen-25l-gt11-1426no-stationar-dator/p-1164775/

?

Professional opinion:

I wouldn't buy an HP product if you gave me the money to buy it with. They use bottom-of-the-barrel parts, barely designed to hold together past their warranty date, technical support is the worst I've ever seen.

Skip!

Here, let me help you a bit in your search:

Unless the manufacturer specifically lists which model mobo/PSU/GPU and case they use, pass on them. It's really important to know this stuff. 

39 minutes ago, Radium_Angel said:

Professional opinion:

I wouldn't buy an HP product if you gave me the money to buy it with. They use bottom-of-the-barrel parts, barely designed to hold together past their warranty date, technical support is the worst I've ever seen.

Skip!

Here, let me help you a bit in your search:

Unless the manufacturer specifically lists which model mobo/PSU/GPU and case they use, pass on them. It's really important to know this stuff. 

They're OEMs, they're not gonna list that and the chances of getting something else is slim. At this moment there are 2 options, settle for a OEM system with the tradeoff of having bottom-barrel components, or pay 3x MSRP for a GPU. So yeah, IMO the HP system has flaws, but they're fixable and he's got a decent system that will definitely work.

Fixes:
CPU cooling.
Add fans
Clean install windows (to remove HP crapware and all that shit). You can even use the OEM license it comes with.

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

3 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

can you recommend a prebuild?

16 minutes ago, Tatrik said:

can you recommend a prebuild?

Well.....hmmmm.

Personally, I use workstation-class systems (Dell Precisions) but I a not a gamer, so raw gaming performance isn't the standard I'd go for.

THe first system you posted you could buy, but I'd replace that PSU immediately with something of much better quality, and I"d look over the cooling in terms of both airflow through the case (and make modifications as needed) and especially the VRMs on the mobo.

21 hours ago, Xaring said:

They're OEMs, they're not gonna list that and the chances of getting something else is slim. At this moment there are 2 options, settle for a OEM system with the tradeoff of having bottom-barrel components, or pay 3x MSRP for a GPU. So yeah, IMO the HP system has flaws, but they're fixable and he's got a decent system that will definitely work.

Fixes:
CPU cooling.
Add fans
Clean install windows (to remove HP crapware and all that shit). You can even use the OEM license it comes with.

do you think this is good? https://www.power.se/datorer/datorer/stationar-dator/lenovo-legion-t5-r5-26amr5-stationar-dator/p-1164247/

19 hours ago, Radium_Angel said:

Well.....hmmmm.

Personally, I use workstation-class systems (Dell Precisions) but I a not a gamer, so raw gaming performance isn't the standard I'd go for.

THe first system you posted you could buy, but I'd replace that PSU immediately with something of much better quality, and I"d look over the cooling in terms of both airflow through the case (and make modifications as needed) and especially the VRMs on the mobo.

do you think this is good then? https://www.power.se/datorer/datorer/stationar-dator/lenovo-legion-t5-r5-26amr5-stationar-dator/p-1164247/

Well, please bear in mind pre-builts, whether from HP, or Dell or Lenovo, are going to have issues in the upgrade path down the road, especially in the case of the Lenovo when it comes to a faster CPU, so if you are okay having a system that you may or may not be able to change much down the road, then that system is fine.

On 6/12/2021 at 4:33 PM, Radium_Angel said:

Well, please bear in mind pre-builts, whether from HP, or Dell or Lenovo, are going to have issues in the upgrade path down the road, especially in the case of the Lenovo when it comes to a faster CPU, so if you are okay having a system that you may or may not be able to change much down the road, then that system is fine.

im prob gonna buy this one https://www.power.se/datorer/datorer/stationar-dator/hp-omen-25l-gt11-1414no-stationar-dator/p-1164774/ because it seems easy to upgrade. I mean there is a guy adding fans and removing everything from the old case and adding it to a new case. The only thing he didnt take out was the cpu.