Would love some help troubleshooting this laptop!

Salacan

So here's the deal...I have an Asus Q536F.  I bought it as a used laptop not working in the hopes that I was smarter than the person who couldn't get it working.  (As it turns out, it appears I am not hjaha.)  The laptop will turn on and she the Asus startup splash screen but then will always just blue screen and show one of many many errors.  I can enter the Bios and it shows the CPU, RAM, hard drives etc...it even will recognize a USB drive when I try to install windows fresh.  It works on and off the battery.  It even allowed me to update the BIOS when I first got it in an attempt to fix it.  Is there something more I can do?  A lot of the errors point toward RAM but unfortunately, the RAM is soldered and I can't swap it out.  The board looks pristine inside but who knows if it could be physically damaged.  Anyone have any suggestions?  I'd love to not be the dummy that bought a broken laptop.  (BTW When I bought it, I did ask to power it on and I knew it had no hard drive so it did everything I would have expected in that state.)

If windows is crashing, try linux since I had grater success on Linux with faulty hardware.

On 6/9/2021 at 9:50 PM, Salacan said:

So here's the deal...I have an Asus Q536F.  I bought it as a used laptop not working in the hopes that I was smarter than the person who couldn't get it working.  (As it turns out, it appears I am not hjaha.)  The laptop will turn on and she the Asus startup splash screen but then will always just blue screen and show one of many many errors.  I can enter the Bios and it shows the CPU, RAM, hard drives etc...it even will recognize a USB drive when I try to install windows fresh.  It works on and off the battery.  It even allowed me to update the BIOS when I first got it in an attempt to fix it.  Is there something more I can do?  A lot of the errors point toward RAM but unfortunately, the RAM is soldered and I can't swap it out.  The board looks pristine inside but who knows if it could be physically damaged.  Anyone have any suggestions?  I'd love to not be the dummy that bought a broken laptop.  (BTW When I bought it, I did ask to power it on and I knew it had no hard drive so it did everything I would have expected in that state.)

Just a guest off the top of my head. Is this a gaming laptop? If so maybe see if there's an XMP profile enabled? Is the BIOS able to see all of the ram?

14 hours ago, dlevy129 said:

Just a guest off the top of my head. Is this a gaming laptop? If so maybe see if there's an XMP profile enabled? Is the BIOS able to see all of the ram?

The BIOS on this thing is actually pretty limited.  It doesn't have XMP, the RAM is soldered onto the board.  

3 hours ago, Salacan said:

The BIOS on this thing is actually pretty limited.  It doesn't have XMP, the RAM is soldered onto the board.  

Can the BIOS see all of the RAM?