Phantom 530 (2nd Build)

As the title suggests this is my second ever build. First one was back in '04 i think. I am planning on doing quite a bit more with this over the next year, but for now, it is mostly done.

The specs are as follows.

Case: NZXT Phantom 530 White

CPU: AMD FX-8350

Motherboard: Asus ROG Crosshair V Formula-Z

RAM: 2x4BG G. Skill Ripjaws X @ 1866

GPU: Asus GTX 780 DCUIIOC

Storage: Kingston V300 120 GB SSD, WD 640 GB Blue (Migrated from older system)

PSU: EVGA NEX650W 80+ Gold Fully Modular

Peripherals: Logitech MK320 Wireless keyboard/mouse, Cheap-o Altec Lansing 2.1 speakers, Func HS-260 Gaming Headset

I will be upgrading to a tri monitor set up with SLI 780s and then watercooling everything. Getting a new keyboard and mouse, and maybe some better, louder, speakers.

Inside.

f2IeTuP.jpg

Rats Nest, Im ok with this, can't see any from the front and side panel isn't hard to put on.

Ynz3Bkg.jpg

Side panel on with flash.

SNb7Pan.jpg

Side panel on without flash.

AWbUYK6.jpg

Powered on and fully operational.

SIolELi.jpg

My desktop for anyone who is curious.

nbUXweW.jpg

Also, i will be upgrading the heatsink/fan on my CPU until i start water cooling. Not sure which to go with. I do plan on messing around with overclocking.

So if anyone has any suggestions i would love to hear them. NO AIOs though.

That's it for now. Let me know what you guys think!

that stock cooler.... get it out get out now 

phantoms are always slick :P 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Ikr, I saw stock cooler and crosshair V form and didn't read the upgrade part, and I was like "THE FUCK THIS IDIOT DOING?" until.. I saw lol

Diamond 5 in League :)

that stock cooler.... get it out get out now 

phantoms are always slick :P

Ikr, I saw stock cooler and crosshair V form and didn't read the upgrade part, and I was like "THE FUCK THIS IDIOT DOING?" until.. I saw lol

Yeah, i ran into my budget ceiling. Any specific coolers you guys recommend? I was just thinking slap a 212 Evo in there. Inexpensive, CoolerMaster, and it works.

Yeah, i ran into my budget ceiling. Any specific coolers you guys recommend? I was just thinking slap a 212 Evo in there. Inexpensive, CoolerMaster, and it works.

Well if your using a Crosshair V formula, grab an h100i or swiftech h220 honestly

Diamond 5 in League :)

budget and location? 

Specs

CPU: i5 4670k i won the silicon lottery Cooler: Corsair H100i w/ 2x Corsair SP120 quiet editions Mobo: ASUS Z97 SABERTOOTH MARK 1 Ram: Corsair Platnums 16gb (4x4gb) Storage: Samsun 840 evo 256gb and random hard drives GPU: EVGA acx 2.0 gtx 980 PSU: Corsair RM 850w Case: Fractal Arc Midi R2 windowed 

Looks good. I have a similar build with the same case and I find it impressive that you managed to fit it on your desk. The thing is pretty big haha :P

Ah Rainmeter :wub: I use it too, so clean looking :D

post-6570-0-23710500-1396416550_thumb.jp

I love clean, minimal desktops.

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

Well if your using a Crosshair V formula, grab an h100i or swiftech h220 honestly

I didn't wanna spend that much just because i was gonna do a custom loop down the line.

budget and location? 

It was 1,300 USD and i spent 1,309 USD. Also, obviously 'murcuh

Looks good. I have a similar build with the same case and I find it impressive that you managed to fit it on your desk. The thing is pretty big haha :P

Thank you. It's not so much tall, but fat. I could probably fit my entire old HP in there.

I didn't wanna spend that much just because i was gonna do a custom loop down the line.

It was 1,300 USD and i spent 1,309 USD. Also, obviously 'murcuh

Thank you. It's not so much tall, but fat. I could probably fit my entire old HP in there.

no sorry for the cooler what do you have in mind 

Specs

attachicon.gifDesktop RM.jpg

I tried to go for a sort of thing like you have. I somehow ended up with what i am currently using though. It works for me, i like the readouts and the links to my frequently visited sites, the new start button, the weather readout, the clock, and the shutdown in the corner. Took me quite a few hours to get it to work properly.

no sorry for the cooler what do you have in mind 

Oh, right, I would say under 70. I was looking at the TCP 812. I think i narrowed it down to that or the 212 Evo. Though i do like the bequiet coolers. Has to look good as well. I don't really wanna see copper poking out the top or anything like that. No noctua's either. I know they are good, but i can't do beige, and i don't feel confident in painting them.

Oh, right, I would say under 70. I was looking at the TCP 812. I think i narrowed it down to that or the 212 Evo. Though i do like the bequiet coolers. Has to look good as well. I don't really wanna see copper poking out the top or anything like that. No noctua's either. I know they are good, but i can't do beige, and i don't feel confident in painting them.

you can find a AIO around that price range 

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-cpu-cooler-h100i

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/nzxt-cpu-cooler-krakenx60

theres always nzxts good cooler 

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/nzxt-cpu-cooler-havik140

and sadly you cant paint noctuas 

Specs

you can find a AIO around that price range 

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/corsair-cpu-cooler-h100i

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/nzxt-cpu-cooler-krakenx60

theres always nzxts good cooler 

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/nzxt-cpu-cooler-havik140

and sadly you cant paint noctuas 

I think i might actually go with the NZXT option. Looks like it's keeping things quite cool. I didnt really wanna add any water to my system until i did the full loop. Even an AIO.

I tried to go for a sort of thing like you have. I somehow ended up with what i am currently using though. It works for me, i like the readouts and the links to my frequently visited sites, the new start button, the weather readout, the clock, and the shutdown in the corner. Took me quite a few hours to get it to work properly.

Mine took many hours too :lol: I had to make the game icons on the far right of my desktop myself, that took a bit of time and getting every thing the way I like it. It's worth the time though :wub:

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

Mine took many hours too :lol: I had to make the game icons on the far right of my desktop myself, that took a bit of time and getting every thing the way I like it. It's worth the time though :wub:

Ah, i was wondering how you did that. Looks really cool.

Looks good, just need to replace the stock cooler.

Yeah, definitely. I mean, it does keep the processor cool-ish, but it spins at 6500 RPM when gaming. While i'm not a silence freak, that is just completely unacceptable and annoying as hell. Thank you for the kind words though! :D

Ah, i was wondering how you did that. Looks really cool.

It's a skin called GameLauncher. It's really good :)

It's a skin called GameLauncher. It's really good :)

Thanks, i'll look that up.

attachicon.gifDesktop RM.jpg

whats the theme called

DREAM BUILD

I7 4770k,Corsair 900D,Asus Maximus Formula VI,16 GB Corsair VENGEANCE,2 TB WD Black,780ti,Ax760I,Cooler Master Glacer

whats the theme called

I used various Skins for Rainmeter. It took me so long to get the exact way I want it but yeah.

Majority of the skins I used can be found in this page: http://www.lifehacker.com.au/2014/01/the-triangle-dual-monitor-desktop/